Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MicahFreak82

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 7, 2007
Honolulu, Hawaii
guys can't all you understand that WWDC is just a weekend away and apple may be giving us some small or even large updates. can't you all just wait and see what happens before you post something asking which macbook which may not even be relevant after the keynote.
also note that jobs is coming back this month and if there is no update for macboks at WWDC expect something when he has his media event. June is a big month. i just can't stand to see another which macbook when so much might happen this month.
if anything write your expectations here or what you will definitely buy if it is released so you don't have to forgo features for price.

ziggyonice

macrumors 68020
Mar 12, 2006
Rural America
What MacBook should I get?!! The 2.0 or 2.4?!! Is the white MacBook better than the unibody?!! Poll: Maybe I should wait for WWDC?! Yes or nO?!

:rolleyes: Welcome to the forums.

Balthezor

macrumors member
Sep 11, 2008
PA
It is a public forum. You have the option to not read those threads you know. You can also quickly skip over the topics in the forums. Just an fyi.

angemon89

macrumors 68000
Feb 5, 2008
Northern CA
Ehhh, it doesn't bother me. Most people want answers given directly to them given their circumstances and needs, instead of just reading some general answer. Its what these forums are here for anyway.

ziggyonice

macrumors 68020
Mar 12, 2006
Rural America
Thought seeing them side-by-side was funny. :)

68822075.jpg

mrj205

macrumors regular
Mar 25, 2009
Virginia
Eh, it doesn't rattle my cage. Everyone has to figure out the forums some how. Mos learn through time/experience, or through the feedback from other users...

MicahFreak82

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 7, 2007
Honolulu, Hawaii
I really just wrote this thread because I want on the forums and saw only "should I buy this MacBook" threads and thought it would be a bit comical.
I think that u should buy which ever notebook u can afford and want

robindahlia789

macrumors regular
Dec 28, 2008
when i joined the threads i didn't really mind. and didn't care, some people needed help.....things have changed
i'll shave my eye brows if i see another one

jb1280

macrumors 6502a
Jan 13, 2009
There exists a "Buying Tips, Advice, and Discussion" Subforum. The simple fact is that most Apple computers purchased are some sort of notebook.

As a result, there are going to be a plethora of threads on buying a macbook. Although there are some basic factors in that decision, when you think about buying something there are some personal things that you might perceive to be unique.

Someone who starts a thread is going to spending anywhere from $999 to as high as you want to go, a positive reply on a decision already made is at least partially comforting.

If you don't want to to see the threads, ignore them, or don't enter this subforum.

If it is a matter of bandwidth for the site, close the "buying tips" forum and establish a buying FAQs.

Bengt77

macrumors 68000
Jun 7, 2002
Europe
Thought seeing them side-by-side was funny. :)

68822075.jpg
Awwww... I came here just to post that. Darn, ziggyonice! Even had my own picture ready:

897P9.png

when i joined the threads i didn't really mind. and didn't care, some people needed help.....things have changed
i'll shave my eye brows if i see another one
Pictures or it didn't happen! :eek:

Just hold out for the Powerbook G5.
This! Heed this guy's advice, people! The PowerBook G5, I heard, has also been spotted in an elevator earlier today.

EarthDawn

macrumors 6502a
Feb 18, 2008
Long-eye Land, NY
Ehhh, it doesn't bother me. Most people want answers given directly to them given their circumstances and needs, instead of just reading some general answer. Its what these forums are here for anyway.

Exactly ....

if you read the thread title and your annoyed before you read the thread then just move on .... Im more sick of people complaining in the threads about someones question being asked before.

Bengt77

macrumors 68000
Jun 7, 2002
Europe
There! Another thread. Well, robindahlia789, can we expect the pictures soon? :p

EDIT 1: Darn, that was fast action on the mods' behalf! Thanks, as it really didn't add anything interesting to the discussion. But still, can we have pictures now?!

EDIT 2: Man, now I see what gets you all worked up. There's this thread, then there's this one, also this thread. But that's not all, as there's still this one, and even this one.

Bengt77

macrumors 68000
Jun 7, 2002
Europe
Yeah, isn't it? :D

In all seriousness, though, I somewhat agree with some of you. Some people want instant gratification and thus don't want to search for threads or posts that answer their question. They want their own question answered now, in their own thread. People are like that. Get over it. On the other hand, I also agree with the people stating that one should search before asking. The same as in a supermarket or DIY store. Search for a product before you ask where to find the product. I don't know; there's no right or wrong here. There's just us all getting worked up over something we find annoying. It might just be us who are the sad pricks.

Scepticalscribe

macrumors Ivy Bridge
Jul 29, 2008
In a coffee shop.

Yeah, I agree too; when people are about to spend what is still a fairly large sum of money, they like to obtain assurance & advice and confirmation that the choice they are about to make will be somehow vindicated.

Information which appears on sites like MacRumours includes the horror stories as well, which gives this and similar sites a credibility impossible to obtain anywhere else. Word of mouth is a far more persuasive means of selling (or not) a product than any amount of sales spin, which is why posters are generally happy to share their own personal experiences and why the question is endlessly asked. They, too, were once that purchaser. For those who find it repetitive, or tedious, well, you can always ignore it.

Cheers and good luck

maccompaq

macrumors 65816
Mar 6, 2007
Which laptop should I get? How many times a year do we have to see that? I think people just start a thread like that to see their own post on the forum. They already know what they can afford/want. There is so much information online to answer questions about any computer made. Are people just too lazy to seek it out? So why bother to post all the time? Perhaps we should just ignore the poster and hope he goes away.

NinjaHERO

macrumors 6502a
Aug 29, 2008
U S of A
To be fair to posters, I think they are looking for discussions and varying opinions. Yes I can find a site with google that shows some magical bench mark stats for anything. But when a person asks a question here, people answer specifically how these machines perform on specific software. You get a real world answer, not a lab test.

I love google too, but when I have a mac question, I want to hear real world information from people who push their macs to the limits. But maybe that's just me. :D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.