Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

shrimpdesign

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 9, 2005
00001qrb

http://thenewiphone.livejournal.com/

The above photo looks fake to me. Seriously, it's just a white iPhone 3G with a badly rendered aluminum front. But the included illustration may be correct. Seems like a bona-fide illustration from a manual (which would be in print around this time for a summer release).

s640x480

Anyone have the illustrations from the 3G manual handy for comparison?

gibbz

macrumors 68030
May 31, 2007
Norman, OK
That is sweet IMO.

Plus, that matches the leaked bezel where there appears to be an area requiring a separate piece on the bottom. Likely not it, but it's all fun.

230822-IMG_3909.jpg_425.jpg

keenan wolf

macrumors 6502
Mar 2, 2008
I would buy it! can you imagine how good that would look docked next to an imac? i can and its beautiful!

Shoot

macrumors regular
Oct 17, 2008
the illustration also matches the dedicated camera button. it grooves in where that would be.

the photo looks bollocks though.

Etnies419

macrumors 6502
Sep 9, 2008
I'm not really feeling it. But the biggest question I have is why? Why put that random aluminum piece at the bottom? Maybe I didn't look carefully and it serves some purpose, but it doesn't seem like it does to me.

=====

macrumors newbie
Jun 6, 2009
All these mock ups and I haven't seen one that has a camera button on the side, when I see one then Ill believe.

shrimpdesign

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 9, 2005
I think if Apple made an aluminum/glass iPhone, if, the home button would also be aluminum, not dark plastic. Looks silly.

Also, for comparison, the original iPhone and the iPhone 3G had the same illustration in their manuals, which is this:

Picture+1.png

Similar language, but completely different style.

gibbz

macrumors 68030
May 31, 2007
Norman, OK
Here's what the post says:
- Unibody (aluminium body, matte home button, black glossy bezel and screen);
- Frontal camera (does not work, no app in OS);
- Digital compass;
- Camera button on the right side;
- New 3.2 megapixel main camera (looks little bit larger);
- Name is just iPhone (no 3G, G3, 4G and more);
- Little bit heavier;
- 32 Gb version, no 64;

Why would the frontal camera not work or have anything in the OS to use it?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.