Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

u49aa2

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 3, 2008
Between Heaven and Hell
Hi guys

I searched the net to see if i can solve my problem, up to now no luck:

I have Lexmark printer X2580, i am trying to print wirelessly using time capsule, but no luck. I can see the MBP recognizing the printer via time capsule, which doesn't make sense.

I can print if i connect the printer directly to the computer (via USB).

When i tried to print via time capsule a message saying there is problem with communication appears. I will appreciate any help. Thanks

Attachments

• Picture 1.png
    Picture 1.png
    22.6 KB · Views: 65

MisterMe

macrumors G4
Jul 17, 2002
USA
Ok i know i already said last attempt, but i am a bit desperate, so for sure this time, anybody?
After 4 consecutive unanswered posts, don't you think that it is time to move on? In order to use a remote printer, your printer must have a modicum of local intelligence. The average Lexmark inkjet is lacking in this department. Consider yourself lucky that it is supported for a direct connection on the Mac. If you want to print over a network, then shop for a new printer with your needs in mind.

u49aa2

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 3, 2008
Between Heaven and Hell
After 4 consecutive unanswered posts, don't you think that it is time to move on? In order to use a remote printer, your printer must have a modicum of local intelligence. The average Lexmark inkjet is lacking in this department. Consider yourself lucky that it is supported for a direct connection on the Mac. If you want to print over a network, then shop for a new printer with your needs in mind.

After i searched the web, few guys (very few) were successful in printing wireless with Lexmark, though their methods were unsuccessful with me, the reason i was asking repeatedly is because i though i will give the thread a week, just in case somebody who doesn't check the MR daily knows the answer. Anyway, thanks for your input

MisterMe

macrumors G4
Jul 17, 2002
USA
... the reason i was asking repeatedly is because i though i will give the thread a week, just in case somebody who doesn't check the MR daily knows the answer. Anyway, thanks for your input
This is a very active forum. The fact that no one has come along yet is good evidence that no one is coming. At least, no one is coming until some newbie comes along five years from now and revives the thread. Do you really intend to wait that long?

u49aa2

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 3, 2008
Between Heaven and Hell
:) I guess no, I guess i have to give up. I am planning to get rid of the printer anyway (not mine and i am moving places, ink is expensive). I will insure to buy compatible printer. Thanks for the discussion.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.