Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

yalag

Suspended
Original poster
Nov 18, 2007
I just found this the other day, thought I'll share. There's an app out there called "Type Emoji" that can actually install emoticons to your iPhone/iPod keyboards! These emoticons called emoji. Yes, there are other apps that can install this for you but this one is FREE and Polished. Even the instructions are nicely laid out in the app itself. :) Just take a look at the screenshot

mzl.wcshbthn.480x480-75.jpg

Enjoy everyone! Let all your friends know, it's quite a gem!! :):)

MacBoobsPro

macrumors 603
Jan 10, 2006
I just found this the other day, thought I'll share. There's an app out there that can actually install emoticons to your iPhone/iPod keyboards! These emoticons called emoji. Yes, there are other apps that can install this for you but this one is FREE and Polished. Even the instructions are nicely laid out in the app itself. :) Just take a look at the screenshot

mzl.wcshbthn.480x480-75.jpg

Enjoy everyone! Let all your friends know, it's quite a gem!! :):)

Sorry to burst your bubble but you are extremely late to the party on this one. Infact everyone has gone home and recovered from their respective hangovers too.

yalag

Suspended
Original poster
Nov 18, 2007
No I know, I had it on my jailbroken device probably before you did :cool: but the purpose of this thread is to inform the new users, especially when the option is now free :)

Noelmel

macrumors regular
Jun 2, 2009
^^ cool thank i just looked into that. will this also work on the 3.0 software? The videos i saw on youtube said 2.2.1

yOyOYoo

macrumors 6502a
Feb 13, 2005
CA
^^ cool thank i just looked into that. will this also work on the 3.0 software? The videos i saw on youtube said 2.2.1

not sure if it works in 3.0.... but I do love my emoji!!! I'm sure someone will come up with a program that activates emoji in 3.0 sooner or later.

kas23

macrumors 603
Oct 28, 2007
In my opinion, Emoji were the absolute best thing to happen to the iPhone since firmware 2.0 came out (& since 3.0 is not officially out yet).

marksman

macrumors 603
Jun 4, 2007
I am confused by this. Do you need a jailbroken iphone to actually use the emotrs? If not how do you actually insert them?

Carnivor

macrumors regular
Feb 24, 2008
no jailbreaking required for emoji,

what i want to know tho is if ive enabled emoji on 2.0, will they stay enabled on 3.0 or do i have to run app again??

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.