Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MXM

macrumors member
Original poster
May 23, 2009
Just wondering how you typically use an iPod touch. I have a nano, and am thinking to get a touch. It seems to offer lots of fun and you can watch video, listen to music and play games, but what are the most frequent things you do with it and do you really use it in so many different ways? Thanks

Nyi28nhl

macrumors newbie
Mar 10, 2007
Just wondering how you typically use an iPod touch. I have a nano, and am thinking to get a touch. It seems to offer lots of fun and you can watch video, listen to music and play games, but what are the most frequent things you do with it and do you really use it in so many different ways? Thanks

I use it for a few things on a regular basis:

iCal pretty much keeps me on time (and in the right place) for all appointments/classes/lectures. Also keeps me from scheduling two events at the same time.

Contacts..well..self explanatory.

I spend about twenty minutes everyday reading FMLs on the FML app.

I use my iPod Touch as a remote to control powerpoint presentations. Also can use it as an external trackpad/keyboard as well as remote for: Quicktime, VLC Player, iTunes, and much more.

I play many games (Bloons, Pocket Tanks, Lemonade Tycoon). Makes train rides a lot faster.

If you are frequently in an area with a WiFi connection, internet access for Safari, Mail, AIM, facebook.

MXM

macrumors member
Original poster
May 23, 2009
I use it for a few things on a regular basis:

iCal pretty much keeps me on time (and in the right place) for all appointments/classes/lectures. Also keeps me from scheduling two events at the same time.

Contacts..well..self explanatory.

I spend about twenty minutes everyday reading FMLs on the FML app.

I use my iPod Touch as a remote to control powerpoint presentations. Also can use it as an external trackpad/keyboard as well as remote for: Quicktime, VLC Player, iTunes, and much more.

I play many games (Bloons, Pocket Tanks, Lemonade Tycoon). Makes train rides a lot faster.

If you are frequently in an area with a WiFi connection, internet access for Safari, Mail, AIM, facebook.

That's really cool! Thanks!

DHarrisDBS34

macrumors regular
Dec 15, 2008
I play games on it: Bejeweled 2, Fieldrunners, Crystal Defenders, among others.

I use Safari a lot. When I'm at school I get internet everywhere.

I use the music player obviously.

MLB At Bat 2009 for scores and highlights.

Instapaper free. I really like this app. You put a link on your browser and click it while on any article and it'll save it to your account. Then you go to the app on your iPod and click update while on Wifi and it saves the article to your iPod so you can read it whenever.

iCal is something I use. I put my class sched in it and it rings like 15 minutes before class.

I use the Twitter app

And I have a variety of other apps but don't use those as much.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.