Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

geoffreak

macrumors 68020
Feb 8, 2008
I have no problems accessing it from work. Maybe your work blocked it or your firewall at home blocked your work IP?

DoFoT9

macrumors P6
Jun 11, 2007
London, United Kingdom
OP: it would have to be your work that is blocking it, maybe try to ping your houses' IP and see if you get a response? or try a different web browser or something..

i am looking at hosting from home but am failing miserably at getting it to work :(

twoodcc

macrumors P6
Original poster
Feb 3, 2005
Right side of wrong
OP: it would have to be your work that is blocking it, maybe try to ping your houses' IP and see if you get a response? or try a different web browser or something..

i am looking at hosting from home but am failing miserably at getting it to work :(

yeah i guess they are blocking it. the computer that i get to use is monitored, so i guess i'll just forget about it for now.

you need help getting yours to work? i can help

DoFoT9

macrumors P6
Jun 11, 2007
London, United Kingdom
yeah i guess they are blocking it. the computer that i get to use is monitored, so i guess i'll just forget about it for now.

its monitored?? thats a bit intense. that sucks man :( maybe try proxies haha!?

you need help getting yours to work? i can help

i started a thread (here) yesterday about it, i have two routers at home (modem + Time Capsule) so it was hard to get going. i have it set up finally, getting a domain name is harder then it looks though (australia sucks for anything IT) so i will most likely end up getting an external host company to do it for me (discused here)

my internet connection at home isn't that reliable and i dont have a static IP so its hardly worth the bother really.. and my PC has been putting out 25kbps and taking in 25kbps randomly! :eek: when your on a 25GB cap its not worth it, so i disabled its networking haha.. ahwell!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.