Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Archive > Archives of Old Posts > Macintosh Computers

Old May 13, 2004, 05:59 AM   #1
Sabbath
macrumors 6502a

Correct power adapter?

I have a Rev. B 12" PB (bought in december) and recently the battery life has nose dived from about 3hrs to 1 and a half. It seems to have dropped a little suddenly for it to be normal battery decline.

I've tried recalibrating etc but to no avail, so I was wondering what else it could be, I have a G3 900Mhz iBook (that I really should sell) and was wondering if the two power supplies were different and I could have got them confused. The only difference I could find is one's output is 24.5V and dated 2002 while the other is 24V and dated 2003. I presume the later is the powerbooks? I tried to check this out on the apple site but all I could find is the adapters they sell are all the same. And to add more confusion they are rated at 65W whereas mine are 45W

I was hoping someone could tell me if the adapter I have is right (my powerbook was a refurb and they included the wrong display adapters for a mini vga Rev. A 12"PB I hope they havent inclkuded the wrong power adapter).

Also does anyone know anything else I can do to attain that the battery performance I'm getting is the best I can get. I was thinking of resetting the PMU?
Sabbath is offline   0
Old May 13, 2004, 06:04 AM   #2
Sabbath
macrumors 6502a

Typically just after I post I find this kb article

It seems the two adapters are the same although I can't find the model number on either, and at least the iBook one is supposed to be 45W, so I don't know why they have the 65W one

My battery life problem still exists though arrgghh
Sabbath is offline   0

MacRumors Forums > Archive > Archives of Old Posts > Macintosh Computers