Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

benbridle38

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 16, 2006
Hi,

I have an airport express set up which i use on my macbook when running os x, however when i run windows 7 on the same macbook, it cant connect to the airport.

It's a first gen core duo macbook, i.e. it is 802.11g , any idea why it doesnt work?

This is a screen shot of the error message...

The trouble shooting does nothing.

Thanks

djhodgo

macrumors newbie
Jun 22, 2009
I'm having the same issue my friend.

I too have that same problem, I'm currently doing my own diagnosis, rest assured you are not a lone. I will be testing the situation using other wifi equipment to determine whether it is a driver problem on windows or the actual airport router is not compatible.. Will let you know on sunday!

umiwangu

macrumors 6502
Sep 4, 2006
Malawi
Hi,

I have an airport express set up which i use on my macbook when running os x, however when i run windows 7 on the same macbook, it cant connect to the airport.

It's a first gen core duo macbook, i.e. it is 802.11g , any idea why it doesnt work?

This is a screen shot of the error message...

The trouble shooting does nothing.

Thanks

I have the exact same MacBook (with Win7 RC1), but I don't have an Airport Express. I haven't had trouble yet connecting to different APs (Cisco, Mikrotik, Netgear, Linksys).

What did the troubleshooter say?

eobet

macrumors member
Aug 11, 2009
I found this thread via Google, and I am having the same issue.

Windows 7 troubleshooting doesn't offer any help at all.

A similar problem is described here, including a solution. However, it did not work for me:

http://discussions.apple.com/thread.jspa?threadID=2001403&tstart=0

Has anyone managed to solve this yet?

EDIT:

Here is how I solved the problem:

Since I didn't connect using my Macbook (that's the next step) my solution was to download these drivers and update my wifi adapter via Windows 7:

http://forums.laptopvideo2go.com/topic/14833-atheros-v770319-for-windows-vista-x86-x64/

After that, the connection problems went away.

So, amazingly stupid/silly of Windows 7 to not let the user know more details about the issue. And equally amazing that a new driver would solve it. Hope this provides a clue for someone to solve their problems as well!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.