Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac

Old Jun 11, 2009, 04:48 AM   #1
benbridle38
macrumors newbie

connecting to airport express on windows 7

Hi,

I have an airport express set up which i use on my macbook when running os x, however when i run windows 7 on the same macbook, it cant connect to the airport.

It's a first gen core duo macbook, i.e. it is 802.11g , any idea why it doesnt work?

This is a screen shot of the error message...

The trouble shooting does nothing.

Thanks
benbridle38 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 23, 2009, 12:30 AM   #2
djhodgo
macrumors newbie

I'm having the same issue my friend.

I too have that same problem, I'm currently doing my own diagnosis, rest assured you are not a lone. I will be testing the situation using other wifi equipment to determine whether it is a driver problem on windows or the actual airport router is not compatible.. Will let you know on sunday!
djhodgo is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 23, 2009, 02:30 AM   #3
umiwangu
macrumors 6502

Send a message via Skype™ to umiwangu
Quote:
Originally Posted by benbridle38 View Post
Hi,

I have an airport express set up which i use on my macbook when running os x, however when i run windows 7 on the same macbook, it cant connect to the airport.

It's a first gen core duo macbook, i.e. it is 802.11g , any idea why it doesnt work?

This is a screen shot of the error message...

The trouble shooting does nothing.

Thanks
I have the exact same MacBook (with Win7 RC1), but I don't have an Airport Express. I haven't had trouble yet connecting to different APs (Cisco, Mikrotik, Netgear, Linksys).

What did the troubleshooter say?
umiwangu is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 11, 2009, 05:12 PM   #4
eobet
macrumors member

I found this thread via Google, and I am having the same issue.

Windows 7 troubleshooting doesn't offer any help at all.

A similar problem is described here, including a solution. However, it did not work for me:

http://discussions.apple.com/thread....01403&tstart=0

Has anyone managed to solve this yet?

EDIT:

Here is how I solved the problem:

Since I didn't connect using my Macbook (that's the next step) my solution was to download these drivers and update my wifi adapter via Windows 7:

http://forums.laptopvideo2go.com/top...vista-x86-x64/

After that, the connection problems went away.

So, amazingly stupid/silly of Windows 7 to not let the user know more details about the issue. And equally amazing that a new driver would solve it. Hope this provides a clue for someone to solve their problems as well!

Last edited by eobet; Aug 12, 2009 at 05:42 AM.
eobet is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac