Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dra3b

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 10, 2009
Hi,

I'm planning to get the new 13" MacBook Pro. But as you all noticed, the new 13" MBP has a common audio in/out port, which bothers me a lot. I've heard the audio in (mic) works only with the iPhone headphones, so it has only one audio jack that works both in & out. I use Skype and iChat a lot to talk with family & friends, so i really need the mic.

So, is it right that it only works with the iPhone headphones? Or is there another way?

dra3b

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 10, 2009
Or shall it be one of the reasons for me to consider getting the lower-end 15" MBP?

NewMacbookPlz

macrumors 68040
Sep 28, 2008
Even the previous 13" Unibody MB worked with the iPhone headset to listen/talk accord to some people, I personally haven't tried.

dra3b

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 10, 2009
Even the previous 13" Unibody MB worked with the iPhone headset to listen/talk accord to some people, I personally haven't tried.

So with the previous unibody, you could just plug one jack in the audio out port and work both as headphones and mic???

I really need replies here, this issue bothers me a lot. Why the hell did they remove this simple mic hole? Did it take that much of space?

uv23

macrumors 6502
Nov 16, 2003
Calgary, AB
Hi,

I'm planning to get the new 13" MacBook Pro. But as you all noticed, the new 13" MBP has a common audio in/out port, which bothers me a lot. I've heard the audio in (mic) works only with the iPhone headphones, so it has only one audio jack that works both in & out. I use Skype and iChat a lot to talk with family & friends, so i really need the mic.

So, is it right that it only works with the iPhone headphones? Or is there another way?
Why don't you just use the built in mic for chatting?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.