Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

macintosh.apple

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 26, 2008
Hi, I placed a pre-order on the 3G S, but I have recently decided to wait to upgrade. Is there a way I can cancel my pre-order? :confused:

shollingsw3

Cancelled
Mar 27, 2007
If you pre-ordered in a store, you will probably have to go back to that store with your receipt to cancel it. If you pre-ordered it online or over the phone, I would give AT&T sales a call to cancel it.

JoelMarcey

macrumors 6502
Jun 9, 2009
Northern California
I know there is no way to do it online. I have heard that AT&T frowned on canceling orders, so many people refuse delivery.

Has anyone had success canceling an order over the phone with a rep?

yakkonvazn

macrumors member
Jun 9, 2009
it actually tells you online. I think you refuse it upon delivery or accept it and not activate it then return it. That's the only way, you can't do it before. You have to wait til you get it.

nioted

macrumors regular
Sep 14, 2007
Hi, I placed a pre-order on the 3G S, but I have recently decided to wait to upgrade. Is there a way I can cancel my pre-order? :confused:

If you preordered it in a brick and mortar AT&T store, you have to wait until it actually ships to the store to cancel the order. That's what the rep said when I placed my order. Not sure how it works online though.

Blackforge

macrumors 6502
Mar 8, 2008
I decided to cancel my online pre-order and do in-store instead of delivery (luckily not too many pre-orders at the particular AT&T store I went to), as I figured I would be more likely to get one on the release date.

All I had to do in my case was dial the Premier 800 number and cancel the order. They didn't give me any issues or say they couldn't do it. I received a cancellation e-mail within 15 minutes. Of course my initial order was on the 10th, so maybe that fit within the cancellation window, or Premier doesn't mess around..

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.