Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Eminemdrdre00

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
May 10, 2008
I just updated Tap Tap Revenge 2 and this version supports Push notifications. I now have a "Notifications" option under settings. Here are some pics:

img0244.png

img0245.png

img0246.png

Menge

macrumors 6502a
Dec 22, 2008
Amsterdam
I keep getting "Connect to iTunes to use push notifications" when I enter the game with Notifications set to On. Happening every time. I already rebooted, synced with iTunes, done everything...

It seems to be related to the iPhone not being activated through the original means :p

TheMBC

macrumors 6502
Jun 14, 2008
Just Tap Tap from all the apps I have (which includes Beejive). I read that Beejive already submitted their 3.0-compatible update, so I suppose it's just when Apple decides to approve it. Unless, this was a fluke, but most probably not.

elbirth

macrumors 65816
Jan 19, 2006
North Carolina, US
Just Tap Tap from all the apps I have (which includes Beejive). I read that Beejive already submitted their 3.0-compatible update, so I suppose it's just when Apple decides to approve it. Unless, this was a fluke, but most probably not.

I find it pretty interesting that this got through before 3.0 goes live to the public. I had assumed that Apple was holding all 3.0-compliant apps until 3.0 is out, then everything (both your phone and apps) will update at the same time

anjinha

macrumors 604
Oct 21, 2006
San Francisco, CA
I find it pretty interesting that this got through before 3.0 goes live to the public. I had assumed that Apple was holding all 3.0-compliant apps until 3.0 is out, then everything (both your phone and apps) will update at the same time

This was probably just a fluke.

TheMBC

macrumors 6502
Jun 14, 2008
Maybe they're trying to keep the load off iTunes. They bring the apps out first so that those that everyone downloads them already. Then 3.0 comes out two days before launch day, etc...

computermilk

macrumors 6502
Jun 10, 2008
I'm wondering if Facebook is going to do a HUGE new update...

I would assume they need a new APP for PUSH notifications and also so we can UPLOAD videos right to our account... they would need to use the new Video API's ...

I hope they do that soon... that';s going to be amazing being able to upload videos right to our facebook accounts on the go.... =)

All of my facebook friends will be jealous. :p :cool:

TheMBC

macrumors 6502
Jun 14, 2008
I'm hoping Facebook has an update by/near launch date. Hopefully they were an "developer insider" to all the 3G S stuff and knew what to update and how some time ago :D

nfl46

macrumors G3
Oct 5, 2008
I'm hoping Facebook has an update by/near launch date. Hopefully they were an "developer insider" to all the 3G S stuff and knew what to update and how some time ago :D

It'll be available in Late June. Facebook 3.0.

bobsentell

macrumors 6502a
Nov 14, 2008
Alabama
Thanks! We only have one question:

How come every single video on the planet, taken by supposed lovers of the latest gizmos, is horribly out of focus ???!!

Can geeks no longer afford a decent camera ?!

:D

The ones that can make videos that aren't supposed to be on YouTube.;)

Taylor C

macrumors 6502a
May 27, 2007
Developers were asked to submit their 3.0 only applications on Monday of last week if they were ready. It's not really surprising. Keep in mind, most of you aren't supposed to be using 3.0 yet, so whether or not these features available technically isn't an issue yet.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.