Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Alphaspida

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 14, 2009
I was wondering if my sister who has a touch can sync to my itunes or just get my apps without losing her music and stuff. We wouldnt like to have to buy all the apps she wants that i already bought myself. Kind of a confusing question.

Sent from iPhone

jackiecanev2

macrumors 65816
Jul 6, 2007
Wirelessly posted (BB 8900: BlackBerry8900/4.6.1.101 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/301)

In short, no. You cannot circumvent purchasing apps from another account.

andybno1

Suspended
Nov 6, 2007
Liverpool, UK
ignore the above yes she can, if she sets the iPod to manual and transfers her own apps to iTunes and then select the apps she wants she will be able to sync once her iPod is authorised to sync with your apps.

when she uses her own iTunes again she will need to transfer the apps she got off you to her own iTunes and then her iTunes will also need authorising against your apps.

mrkgoo

macrumors 65816
Aug 18, 2005
Thank you. Could somebody else back this up?

While I can't verify this, it makes sense with how I understand iTunes and accounts to work.

Basically it requires giving both yours and your sister's iTunes App access to each other's iTunes Account. You'll both have 'access' (you'll still need to login with a password) to each other's content then.

In the above example, you're basically adding her iPod as a device for your account, and she is adding your account to her iTunes app (authorising her computer to be able to use your account).

Alphaspida

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 14, 2009
So if I log out of my itunes and she logs in hers all my stuff will be on her itunes?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.