Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Apple TV and Home Theater

Old Jun 15, 2009, 06:29 AM   #1
Anghammarad
macrumors member

PS3 and Airport Extreme

I have a PS3 and an iMac wirelessly connected to the Aiport Extreme. I also have a USB disk connected to the Airport Extrem. Is there some way I can get to the files on the disk from teh PS3 without having to use a program such as PS3 Media Server on the iMac? I want to directly connect to the disk and use it in the same way as I would if I connected it directly with a USB cable to the PS3.
Anghammarad is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 15, 2009, 09:17 AM   #2
Bye Bye Baby
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anghammarad View Post
I have a PS3 and an iMac wirelessly connected to the Aiport Extreme. I also have a USB disk connected to the Airport Extrem. Is there some way I can get to the files on the disk from teh PS3 without having to use a program such as PS3 Media Server on the iMac? I want to directly connect to the disk and use it in the same way as I would if I connected it directly with a USB cable to the PS3.
You can connect an external HD to the PS3, but it has to be formatted correctly. I don't think that you can access a wireless HD from the PS3 without some type of controller software. I have a similar setup but I have not been able to locate the HD from it.
Bye Bye Baby is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 18, 2009, 06:39 PM   #3
MikeTadd

No you cannot connect to fileshares over network with PS3, only using the Windows Media protocol.

Think Sony should really rethink this. Would love my timecapsule files to be avalible on the ps3!
MikeTadd is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Apple TV and Home Theater