Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Anghammarad

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 15, 2007
I have a PS3 and an iMac wirelessly connected to the Aiport Extreme. I also have a USB disk connected to the Airport Extrem. Is there some way I can get to the files on the disk from teh PS3 without having to use a program such as PS3 Media Server on the iMac? I want to directly connect to the disk and use it in the same way as I would if I connected it directly with a USB cable to the PS3.

Bye Bye Baby

macrumors 65816
Sep 15, 2004
i(am in the)cloud
I have a PS3 and an iMac wirelessly connected to the Aiport Extreme. I also have a USB disk connected to the Airport Extrem. Is there some way I can get to the files on the disk from teh PS3 without having to use a program such as PS3 Media Server on the iMac? I want to directly connect to the disk and use it in the same way as I would if I connected it directly with a USB cable to the PS3.

You can connect an external HD to the PS3, but it has to be formatted correctly. I don't think that you can access a wireless HD from the PS3 without some type of controller software. I have a similar setup but I have not been able to locate the HD from it.

MikeTadd

Jun 17, 2009
London, United Kingdom
No you cannot connect to fileshares over network with PS3, only using the Windows Media protocol.

Think Sony should really rethink this. Would love my timecapsule files to be avalible on the ps3!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.