Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting

Old Jun 15, 2009, 01:06 PM   #1
randyc
macrumors member

Unhappy iPhone 3G Stopped Detecting WiFi

I've had my phone for about 5 or 6 months now and suddenly a few days ago, right before I decide to sell it for a 3GS, it just completely stopped detecting wifi signals. I tried resetting the network settings and just tried a restore but it is still not working. So far I have only tried in my home but have 2 wifi routers in my home and one that my macbook detects from a neighbor and none are detected. Yes, they are broadcasting their SSID and yes, I have tried to put it in the phone manually. Nothing seems to work. I'm starting to think its a hardware problem?

Any help is appreciated.
randyc is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 15, 2009, 02:00 PM   #2
caoxiang
macrumors newbie

same here, hardware problem.

there is a giant thread on apple discussion forum about this.
caoxiang is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 15, 2009, 02:04 PM   #3
randyc
macrumors member

Thanks for the info. Since its a hardware problem does that mean apple will replace it if I bring it to an apple store?
Old Jun 15, 2009, 09:57 PM   #4
ThrillHouseMD
macrumors member

odd... mine stopped detecting WIFI today as well. Could anyone link me to the Apple Discussions Thread?
ThrillHouseMD is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 16, 2009, 04:20 AM   #5
randyc
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThrillHouseMD View Post
odd... mine stopped detecting WIFI today as well. Could anyone link me to the Apple Discussions Thread?
http://discussions.apple.com/thread....48395&tstart=0
I think thats it.

I have a genius bar meeting scheduled for tomorrow. I'll let you know what happens.

:EDIT:
Took it to the genius bar today and Apple replaced my phone no questions asked.

Last edited by randyc; Jun 16, 2009 at 08:11 PM.

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting