Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

i.shaun

macrumors 6502a
May 1, 2008
Canada
really? I thought leopard had a better dock (from what I've seen). The background was a bit more transparent, and also somewhat flat, letting the icons float on their own above it.

The cleardock app looks alright, I'll have to give it a shot, but if I do I'll have trouble seeing which apps are active because the black arrow would be over a black background. .

MP23

macrumors newbie
Jun 14, 2009
Try using Dock Library, that's what I use to change mine. You can then download themes for your dock from LeopardDocks.net. There's probably a Leopard Theme on there but they have hundereds of other ones that are cool too.

EDIT: It says it's for Leopard but I've never tried it on Tiger. See if it works for you.

BlueRevolution

macrumors 603
Jul 26, 2004
Montreal, QC
Gee, when leopard came out everyone was asking: how do I make this horrible new Leopard Dock look like my old one.

I'm definitely one of those people. However, while I hate the default Dock, I prefer Leopard's flattened Dock to Tiger's.

Attachments

• dock.png
    dock.png
    90.6 KB · Views: 85

mdee4

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 12, 2008
Try using Dock Library, that's what I use to change mine. You can then download themes for your dock from LeopardDocks.net. There's probably a Leopard Theme on there but they have hundereds of other ones that are cool too.

EDIT: It says it's for Leopard but I've never tried it on Tiger. See if it works for you.

Nope. It doesn't work for me.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.