Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Apple TV and Home Theater

Old Jun 16, 2009, 12:59 PM   #1
Schmoyer
macrumors newbie

AirTunes?

I was reading an article or two online in reference to Apple TV and AirTunes. The article mentioned streaming music/movies from your Apple TV to your iPhone. I was wondering if this was possible or if there was another variation which was possible involving Apple TV and the iPhone/iPod Touch.

Thanks!
Schmoyer is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 16, 2009, 03:15 PM   #2
Billy Boo Bob
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schmoyer View Post
I was reading an article or two online in reference to Apple TV and AirTunes. The article mentioned streaming music/movies from your Apple TV to your iPhone. I was wondering if this was possible or if there was another variation which was possible involving Apple TV and the iPhone/iPod Touch.

Thanks!
Unfortunately, not with AirTunes. You can use the ATV, of course, as an AirTunes target, but not the phone.

You can stream anything from a Mac (probably not ATV without some serious hacking and patching) to your iPhone using (Edit... change Simplify Media to...) AirFoil Speakers (a phone app and a Mac app). However, there is a delay, so making your iPhone a wireless headset for video is out (unless you can handle a few seconds delay in the audio :-)

I really, really wish Apple would set up the iPhone/iPod Touch as an AirTunes target. Would make handy wireless headphones for the Mac and ATV.

And it's none of your damn business what Apple gear I own.

Last edited by Billy Boo Bob; Jun 16, 2009 at 04:45 PM.
Billy Boo Bob is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Apple TV and Home Theater