Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

chattermark

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 11, 2009
Is there any way to sync my Iphone 3gS to my outlook contacts? I have all the info and pics and everything in there. I already synced it to Gmail, but I want to keep the pics and all misc stuff that I had in there. Thanks for any advice that you could give me. <M>

lestags

macrumors newbie
Sep 15, 2009
Manila Philippines
Computer OS: Windows
Unit: iPhone 3G
What I wanna do: sync outlook express contacts to iphone 3G

Previously sync-ed an iPHONE 3G with MICROSOFT OUTLOOK.
Now is the first time i'm trying to sync the iPHONE 3G with OUTLOOK EXPRESS -- can't seem to do it. Helping my friend out..

In iTunes>Info tab under "contacts", the option "outlook" doesn't seem to correspond to the Outlook Express in the PC. Thrice I tried syncing iPhone to Outlook Express, selected "outlook" as the source, and failed. And no, "outlook express" does not appear as an option for source of contacts.

Read somewhere to try and set outlook as the default program to handle mail, etc. When I go to outlook and try that, the button i'm supposed to click to set outlook express as default handler is blocked. Dont' know why.

Can anybody tell me what I'm doing wrong or what's wrong?

Some info that might help:
1) There are 2 user accounts in Outlook Express. First user account was previously synced (?) with an email account, and had existing contacts already. So I thought of making a second user account to which I copied all the contacts from a Nokia to avoid mixing up the contacts with the first user account.
2) iTunes and iPhone 3G have already been upgraded to latest software versions.

Would really appreciate it if anyone can help me out here... Thanks.

txr0ckabilly

macrumors 6502
May 21, 2008
Southwest Louisiana
My suggestion is to dismiss outlook express altogether and download windows mail or windows live mail (whatever it's called). Import your contacts to that and your iTunes will sync to it just fine.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.