Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting

Old Jun 16, 2009, 04:27 PM   #1
chattermark
macrumors member

Sync Iphone with Outlook express?

Is there any way to sync my Iphone 3gS to my outlook contacts? I have all the info and pics and everything in there. I already synced it to Gmail, but I want to keep the pics and all misc stuff that I had in there. Thanks for any advice that you could give me. <M>
chattermark is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 16, 2009, 04:32 PM   #2
Jon-Luke
macrumors 6502

Send a message via Skype™ to Jon-Luke
try syncing your outlook to your address book and the address book can sync with your iPhone
Jon-Luke is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 16, 2009, 04:39 PM   #3
AiralynRose
macrumors 6502a

Send a message via AIM to AiralynRose
Yes, iPhone syncs with Outlook express. Just look in iTunes on the tab where contacts are. That option should be there.
Old Sep 16, 2009, 02:26 AM   #4
lestags
macrumors newbie

Computer OS: Windows
Unit: iPhone 3G
What I wanna do: sync outlook express contacts to iphone 3G

Previously sync-ed an iPHONE 3G with MICROSOFT OUTLOOK.
Now is the first time i'm trying to sync the iPHONE 3G with OUTLOOK EXPRESS -- can't seem to do it. Helping my friend out..

In iTunes>Info tab under "contacts", the option "outlook" doesn't seem to correspond to the Outlook Express in the PC. Thrice I tried syncing iPhone to Outlook Express, selected "outlook" as the source, and failed. And no, "outlook express" does not appear as an option for source of contacts.

Read somewhere to try and set outlook as the default program to handle mail, etc. When I go to outlook and try that, the button i'm supposed to click to set outlook express as default handler is blocked. Dont' know why.

Can anybody tell me what I'm doing wrong or what's wrong?

Some info that might help:
1) There are 2 user accounts in Outlook Express. First user account was previously synced (?) with an email account, and had existing contacts already. So I thought of making a second user account to which I copied all the contacts from a Nokia to avoid mixing up the contacts with the first user account.
2) iTunes and iPhone 3G have already been upgraded to latest software versions.

Would really appreciate it if anyone can help me out here... Thanks.
lestags is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 16, 2009, 06:13 AM   #5
txr0ckabilly
macrumors 6502

My suggestion is to dismiss outlook express altogether and download windows mail or windows live mail (whatever it's called). Import your contacts to that and your iTunes will sync to it just fine.
Old Sep 17, 2009, 09:17 PM   #6
lestags
macrumors newbie

Thanks. I'll try that out and let you know how it goes. Cheers.
lestags is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting