Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Seraphx17

macrumors member
Jun 8, 2009
It's a trick, the link directs you to apple's 3.0 info page for another country, which has a scheduled release date of the 18th because they are ahead of the US in it's timezone.

Go to apple.com - the release date is still the 17th.

Seraphx17

macrumors member
Jun 8, 2009
Heh, I guess with 2000 people on the iphone forum right now, its impossible to not have 3 different people correct a mistake. :p

phoenixdude24

macrumors member
Mar 19, 2009
Surprised?
... Didn't think so.

It's not like a good of number of iPhone users don't already have the GM version by whatever means. I'm not heartbroken over the delay. Hopefully this delay is being used to fix some minor bugs remaining in the GM 3.0.

someone clearly hasn't learned how to read

The General

macrumors 601
Jul 7, 2006
Okay, so it's 3:20 PM right now in Singapore. Since 3.0 will come out on the 18th there, that means that it won't be out until at least 8:20AM here in California.

That makes sense. It's usually around 9AMish, right?

ttech10

macrumors 6502
May 16, 2008
Haha, for a second I thought maybe they were going to try to somehow foil the Dev Team's plan on unlocking 3.0 by trying to find the exploit.

Thanks for adding some excitement to my otherwise boring night.

HaroldSjursen

macrumors newbie
Nov 24, 2008
iphone 3.0 delay

It is now 11:10 AM in NYC on June 17. Syncing my iphone just now I got the message that my software (2.2) was the latest and up to date.

Has anyone downloaded 3.0?

bigkito

macrumors regular
Nov 17, 2006
It's a trick, the link directs you to apple's 3.0 info page for another country, which has a scheduled release date of the 18th because they are ahead of the US in it's timezone.

Go to apple.com - the release date is still the 17th.

thanks for clearing that up.
thank you all actually
:eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.