Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone

Old Jun 17, 2009, 07:37 AM   #1
LixLev
macrumors regular

Alert Badges on the Calendar App

I've seen loads of pictures floating around that have badges on the calendar app. How do you get these, as when I set an alert, all I get is the SMS like pop up and the alert sound, but never any badges on the app icon itself.
Old Jun 17, 2009, 07:43 AM   #2
ScottNWDW
macrumors 6502a

Send a message via MSN to ScottNWDW
Quote:
Originally Posted by LixLev View Post
I've seen loads of pictures floating around that have badges on the calendar app. How do you get these, as when I set an alert, all I get is the SMS like pop up and the alert sound, but never any badges on the app icon itself.
The badges appear on the calendar if you are syncing through a Microsoft Exchange account and receive a meeting request.
Old Jun 17, 2009, 09:19 AM   #3
eh270
macrumors regular

It drives me crazy that MobileMe, billed as "Exchange for the rest of us" doesn't support meeting invitations like this.

If Gmail supports PUSH email with the same protocol they use to push contacts & calendars, then Gmail or Google Apps will effectively be a free, easy to use version of Exchange.
eh270 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone