Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Archive > Archives of Old Posts > MacBytes.com News Discussion

Old Jun 17, 2009, 11:28 AM   #1
MacBytes
macrumors bot

The Impact Of The iPhone 3G Price Cut

Category: Opinion/Interviews
Link: The Impact Of The iPhone 3G Price Cut
Description:: none

Posted on MacBytes.com
Approved by Anonymous
MacBytes is offline   0
Old Jun 17, 2009, 01:33 PM   #2
ajcfreak
macrumors newbie

Speculation

Seems to me to be a lot of speculation with very very less facts
Old Jun 18, 2009, 01:45 PM   #3
nagromme
macrumors G5

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajcfreak View Post
Seems to me to be a lot of speculation with very very less facts
It's talking about the future, so speculation is indeed all we have. But I think it makes some good points. A $99 iPhone 3G (which is an amazing device at any price) makes other $99 phones come off much worse than before.
nagromme is offline   0
Old Jun 18, 2009, 02:01 PM   #4
Rodimus Prime
Banned

I look at this they way. It hopefully will drive down the cost of some of the other smart phones out there. While I will not be getting an iPhone since I would worry to much about breaking it it hopefully will kill the price of the phone I am eying (samsung jack)

Reason I will not get an iPhone is I can not get insurance for it.
Rodimus Prime is offline   0
Old Jun 18, 2009, 04:49 PM   #5
clevin
macrumors G3

I suspect when people admitting price has been the reason for not picking up an iPhone, they are also worrying about the plan price as well.

price cut from $199 to $99 only make user overpay less, but they are still overpaying at least $380 through the contract.
clevin is offline   0
Old Jun 18, 2009, 04:51 PM   #6
zap2
macrumors 604

Quote:
Originally Posted by clevin View Post
I suspect when people admitting price has been the reason for not picking up an iPhone, they are also worrying about the plan price as well.

price cut from $199 to $99 only make user overpay less, but they are still overpaying at least $380 through the contract.

Over paying? I'm assuming you meant against sprint or another carrier?
Well YOU can want Sprint all you want, and that is fine, but at the end of the day people will go to a carrier who gives them what they want. Since Sprint doesn't have service where I live, I don't think I'm over paying, because AT&T gives me the best services.
Old Jun 18, 2009, 05:26 PM   #7
clevin
macrumors G3

Quote:
Originally Posted by zap2 View Post

Over paying? I'm assuming you meant against sprint or another carrier?
Well YOU can want Sprint all you want, and that is fine, but at the end of the day people will go to a carrier who gives them what they want. Since Sprint doesn't have service where I live, I don't think I'm over paying, because AT&T gives me the best services.
I'm sure 50 million people has more weight than one individual.

Yeah Sprint doesn't give good coverage of every person in the states, but so does ATT.

Regarding the price, I think its perfectly legit to make such generalization.

your are not overpaying? good for you, now Im talking about 98% of iPhone users, not including you, and countable number of people who tried and found no signals of V, T and S.
clevin is offline   0

MacRumors Forums > Archive > Archives of Old Posts > MacBytes.com News Discussion