Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

magentawave

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 8, 2009
I need Camtasia for a Mac so I'm thinking of buying Screenflow but just read a review http://www.macworld.com/article/132...ia_ow=t0:s0:a38:g26:r1:c0.029539:b21053195:z0 and was bummed to see that it lacked some very necessary features at the time the review was written (March 08).

I went to the Screenflow site to see what the latest version can do, but am still wondering if it can do the following:

1) Allow me to resize the window I am recording to a specific size, like 640 X 480 for example?

2) Allow voiceover AFTER I have shot and edited the video?

3) Add titles, free form text, transitions, special effects, or objects such as boxes and circles to the video while editing it within Screenflow so I don't have to import it into another video editing program to do that stuff?

In other words; I want a program for the Mac that can do what Camtasia Studio 6 can do.

So that leads me to the next question...

Since I will be running VMWare Fusion with XP, can anyone tell me how well Camtasia Studio 6 might run on the windows side of my Mac?

Thanks
Steve

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.