Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

JasonHiccup

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 17, 2009
I know MMS for ATT isn't available till late summer - but shouldn't there atleast be a MMS Icon in the messaging app?

zippster

macrumors regular
Sep 5, 2007
I know MMS for ATT isn't available till late summer - but shouldn't there atleast be a MMS Icon in the messaging app?

I was also wondering this.. I have a genuine unlocked 3g and I'm using a vodafone uk sim.. I've entered the coda mms settings but cannot see how to send an mms ?!? Am I missing something obvious??

Thanks

andy

andrewseely

macrumors newbie
Jun 17, 2009
So here's the skinny: I'm trying to work around ATT and the MMS debacle. I did do the tethering hack, so my phone now says carrier: ATT 5.0
I did call ATT and ask that they "activate" my MMS, they said they talked to tech support and that I was turned on.

I can see the cellular network option, I am still wondering if I need to fill in the values
photo.jpg

Any help would be appreciated.

[iPhone 3G 16gig OS3.0]

kmpowell

macrumors regular
Aug 16, 2003
Settings / general / network / celluar network ;)

zippster - what MMS settings have you inputted into this section?

I have a officially unlocked 3G running 3.0, but I can't get my Voda UK to work. I can see all the icons etc, but I can't receive any messages so I guess I have the wrong settings. :confused:

zippster

macrumors regular
Sep 5, 2007

I have a officially unlocked 3G running 3.0, but I can't get my Voda UK to work. I can see all the icons etc, but I can't receive any messages so I guess I have the wrong settings. :confused:

Unfortunatly I cannot get the thing to work either..

Tried loads of different setting but I still can't seem to send one ??

kmpowell

macrumors regular
Aug 16, 2003
Unfortunatly I cannot get the thing to work either..

Tried loads of different setting but I still can't seem to send one ??
Ditto - I've tried my old SwirlyMMS settings (which worked on 2.x), and various other combinations. But no luck. :(

I see sombody has posted the same problem on the Voda UK support forums. I'll keep an eye on that and I'll also give Voda a bell tommorow. I'll let you know if I get anywhere.

Cheers

zippster

macrumors regular
Sep 5, 2007
:D

Ditto - I've tried my old SwirlyMMS settings (which worked on 2.x), and various other combinations. But no luck. :(

I see sombody has posted the same problem on the Voda UK support forums. I'll keep an eye on that and I'll also give Voda a bell tommorow. I'll let you know if I get anywhere.

Cheers

awsome and I'll get my phone woman at work on the case (Vodafone Corp deal)

cheers

andrewseely

macrumors newbie
Jun 17, 2009
So here's the skinny: I'm trying to work around ATT and the MMS debacle. I did do the tethering hack, so my phone now says carrier: ATT 5.0
I did call ATT and ask that they "activate" my MMS, they said they talked to tech support and that I was turned on.

I can see the cellular network option, I am still wondering if I need to fill in the values
photo.jpg

Any help would be appreciated.

[iPhone 3G 16gig OS3.0]

for you ATT US customers, if you can get to this screen by going settings:general:network:cellular data network (if not see http://www.9to5mac.com/iPhone-3G-tethering?page=1 to get tethering to work and get the screen) enter this information in the fields.
APN: wap.cingular
Username: wap@cingulargprs.com
Password: CINGULAR1
MMSC: mmsc.cingular.com
MMS Proxy: 66.209.11.32
MMS Max Message Size: [leave blank]
MMS UA Prof URL: [leave blank]
worked for me
ps you still need to go into settings:messages and make sure MMS is turned on.
UPDATE
looks like the feature is enabled but CANNOT send or receive any actual MMSs...

kmpowell

macrumors regular
Aug 16, 2003
:D

awsome and I'll get my phone woman at work on the case (Vodafone Corp deal)

cheers

Bingo - I think I've got it working (the test MMS' I asked a friend to send me at various points of the night have started arriving!):

APN: wap.vodafone.co.uk
Username: wap
Password: wap
MMSC: mms.vodafone.co.uk/servlets/mms/
MMS Proxy: 212.183.137.12:8799
MMS Max Message Size: <blank>
MMS UA Prof URL: <blank>

Don't forget to add your phone number to your phone's settings, it must also be in the +44 format with the first zero dropped. settings>phone>my number

:)

garciarios

macrumors regular
Sep 6, 2008
Bingo - I think I've got it working (the test MMS' I asked a friend to send me at various points of the night have started arriving!):

Don't forget to add your phone number to your phone's settings, it must also be in the +44 format with the first zero dropped. settings>phone>my number

Well that sucks I dont have a mac to make cellular data show up.... :(:(:(

srl7741

macrumors 68020
Jan 19, 2008
GMT-6
the att ipcc file is in gray and i cannot choose it

You have to use the Terminal command before it will be available (no longer grayed out).

Terminal Command:
defaults write com.apple.iTunes carrier-testing -bool TRUE

zippster

macrumors regular
Sep 5, 2007

awsome... well after spending a little time my my comms woman at work talking to vodafone they decide that this will not work, nor supported by vodafone oh and didnt believe me that i had an iphone with a vodafone sim card (seriously??) so thanks to your settings and a couple of reboots later i now have mms ;) (see attached screenie of my settings) and after visiting this site http://www.iphone-notes.de/mobileconfig/ and creating a custom carrier i now have tethering on vodafone working 100%.

AWSOME.... i now need a new challenge as everything is working as it should;)

cheers

Andy..

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 123
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.