Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

shadowfax0

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 2, 2002
I Added the team number through Folding Control, is that all I have to do to join your team? (I entered 3446)

mc68k

macrumors 68000
Apr 16, 2002
That's it. And enter a username. I'm sure you know, but just make sure that it's your name/3446 for username/team rather than the default for macaddict4life.

Welcome aboard. I hope that you find it's a lot of fun for a good cause. :)

shadowfax0

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 2, 2002
I don't know, I have 1024 Units done for SETI, so I figure Ill just switch between the two :D Also, I went to the stats page, but I do not see my name there, I suppose I have to finish a WU first...?

kishba

macrumors 6502a
Dec 11, 2001
Michigan
Originally posted by shadowfax0
I don't know, I have 1024 Units done for SETI, so I figure Ill just switch between the two :D Also, I went to the stats page, but I do not see my name there, I suppose I have to finish a WU first...?

my name appeared 2 days after i finished my first WU... it was frustrating not seeing my name up there but i guess it takes those slow stanford kids awhile to update a web site ;)

shadowfax0

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 2, 2002
All I have to say, is DAMN! This thing takes A LONG TIME! Right now Im running it through folding control, on both of my procs (I have a 2x450Mhz) and it's onyl half way after about a day and a half! WOW! And I thought the 12 hours of SETI was grueling... :D And this is Altivec optomized...? :)

mc68k

macrumors 68000
Apr 16, 2002
Originally posted by shadowfax0
And this is Altivec optomized...? :)
No. It should be when they change to the gromacs core. It isn't SSE accelerated either.

Make sure that your info is right for both processors, you wouldn't want to give all your processor time to macaddict4life. :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.