Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > iCloud and Apple Services

Old Jun 18, 2009, 04:25 PM   #1
henggi667
macrumors newbie

double synced contacts to iphone (itunes+mm) - howto resolv?

[using iTunes 8.2, iphones os 3.0 - not jailbreaked]
hi all
i was using mobileme to sync my contacts and it basically worked...
by upgrading to 3.0 i stupidly checked the "Sync AB Contacts" in iTunes (on a mm-sync mac) and by that "additionally" synced all contacts to my iPhone...
Now my iPhone AB has all contacts twice - and removing the iTunes sync flag doesn't removes the synced contacts on the iPhone.

(on a mac i would have that popup let me choose to replace all data on the computer).

How to reolve this on the iPhone?
ThxIA

Last edited by henggi667; Jun 18, 2009 at 04:55 PM. Reason: changed system information, more relevant...
henggi667 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 18, 2009, 05:43 PM   #2
jsfpa
macrumors regular

I would assume since the duplicates are on your phone they were synced back to your computer. If so there is a search for duplicates command under the "card" tab in your address book. If you get rid of the dupes on the computer the phone should be ok after it syncs (I think).
Old Jun 21, 2009, 11:32 AM   #3
Weaselboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by henggi667 View Post
[using iTunes 8.2, iphones os 3.0 - not jailbreaked]
hi all
i was using mobileme to sync my contacts and it basically worked...
by upgrading to 3.0 i stupidly checked the "Sync AB Contacts" in iTunes (on a mm-sync mac) and by that "additionally" synced all contacts to my iPhone...
Now my iPhone AB has all contacts twice - and removing the iTunes sync flag doesn't removes the synced contacts on the iPhone.

(on a mac i would have that popup let me choose to replace all data on the computer).

How to reolve this on the iPhone?
ThxIA
On your phone turn off contacts push and wait a minute. Then turn it back on and tell it to merge the contacts. That will fix it.
Weaselboy is online now   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 25, 2009, 06:59 PM   #4
waddonyc
macrumors newbie

It worked for me

Thanks guys!
waddonyc is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 18, 2009, 01:47 PM   #5
makahahawaii
macrumors newbie

Contacts are doubled too...

I am confused about how you do this part:
On your phone turn off contacts push and wait a minute. Then turn it back on and tell it to merge the contacts. That will fix it.

Thanks
Sean
www.islandvirtual.com
makahahawaii is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > iCloud and Apple Services