Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Azin Squeeze

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 19, 2008
Yesterday it worked fine but now today it just won't open at all. I click on the program and it pops in my dock for literally less than half a second and then nothing. I have everything up to date on my intel macbook pro so I have no clue what the problem can be.

hellomoto4

macrumors 6502a
Jul 11, 2008
Australia
Limewire not opening?

Hey,

I just tried to open Limewire on my Mac.
However it just bounces once then does nothing.
I'm not sure why it's not opening but I tried reinstalling and nothing.

Any suggestions?

Could it have been something I have downloaded lately:
- OS X 10.5.7 (haven't opened limewire since 10.5.6)
- Java update released a couple of days
- Safari 4.0?
- Anything else - these are the only ones that I think would affect it...

Thank you in advance.

beautamuss

macrumors newbie
Jun 19, 2009
HA. same thing happened to me today. can't seem to figure it out. pretty frustrating. any ideas?

anirudh

macrumors 6502
Feb 28, 2008
India
Limewire... WTF...

Limewire was running as it should on my unibody macbook. then after installing the safari and the latest leopard update, when I click on the limewire icon, it just wont open. Kinda crashes always. Is this a common problem??? Which are the other popular P2P programs that I can use?

Schtumple

macrumors 601
Jun 13, 2007
benkadams.com
OP, done any system/software updates recently before it stopped working?

EDIT: By the sounds of it it's relating to the new Safari 4 update.

Jon1323

macrumors member
Jul 10, 2008
Louisville, Ky
Btw i think it was either the Safari4 or new java update that screwed it up but the older version of limewire works which is version 4.17 so OP you could try going back to that.

fpbecker

macrumors member
Sep 3, 2008
Frankfurt, Germany
Pretty easy really: Open the Java Preferences (Applications -> Utilities -> Java Preferences).

In the General tab set the order to determine which Java VM is used thusly:

Picture+1.png

That's it.

Chris Bangle

macrumors 6502a
Apr 3, 2006
UK
Same things happening here., I do recall a Java update a few days ago, haven't done anything noteworthy since then, except for install Spotify!!!!!! :D:D

conch575

macrumors 6502
May 29, 2009
Sydney, Australia
After I installed Safari, Limewire wouldn't connect to wherever it connects to and I hated the look of the interface, so I got FrostWire and it works better than Limewire. It's good for those situations when I have no iTunes credit left and I really want a song :D

Shake 'n' Bake

macrumors 68020
Mar 2, 2009
Albany
Second, this is most likely due to the Safari 4 update. Major updates to Safari (ie 1 -> 2) change the whole way things work with the internet including Mail and a few other. I can't remember where I read it, but that is probably what is happening.

Sky Blue

Jan 8, 2005
Second, this is most likely due to the Safari 4 update. Major updates to Safari (ie 1 -> 2) change the whole way things work with the internet including Mail and a few other. I can't remember where I read it, but that is probably what is happening.

No, that's not what's happening at all.

TurboJobo

macrumors 6502
Jan 24, 2009
San Diego/Tijuana
limewire dosent open :(

why dosent my limewire open :( it bounces only once time and dosent open :( i have 10.5.7 with the newsest updates and limewire 5 or the newest one any advice

sam011989

macrumors regular
Jun 17, 2009
Tucson, AZ
i tried opening mine for the first time in probably 3-5 months. it's doing the same thing.

reinstalled limewire to no success, rebooted to no success.

any help anyone?

OrangeSVTguy

macrumors 601
Sep 16, 2007
Northeastern Ohio
I have LW 4.18 installed and it's working fine?

I have noticed that the updated Java has messed with my G4FanControl app where I can't even use it. The whole windows slides to the right outside it's window and I can't scroll :(.

Attachments

• Picture 1.png
    Picture 1.png
    200.2 KB · Views: 177

kazkom

macrumors newbie
Jan 7, 2008
scotland
which one?

which what? i have opened the java preferences now what do i do? says set whish java something to open thustly? i am clueless which java do i set to open thustly???? confusion
Pretty easy really: Open the Java Preferences (Applications -> Utilities -> Java Preferences).

In the General tab set the order to determine which Java VM is used thusly:

Picture+1.png

That's it.

eldino1

macrumors newbie
Jun 21, 2009
Explanation from fpbecker please

I agree with kazkom i am not sure what to do in The Java Preferences once I open it. Can you clarify fpbecker?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.