Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Archive > Archives of Old Posts > MacBytes.com News Discussion

Old Jun 18, 2009, 07:12 PM   #1
MacBytes
macrumors bot

Anti Web bug privacy option in the new iPhone 3.0 Mail.app

Category: Apple Software
Link: Anti Web bug privacy option in the new iPhone 3.0 Mail.app
Description:: The Mail application in the new iPhone 3.0 software has a special switch that will make web bugs ineffective. Technically, it works against all remote images, whether web bugs or just standard parts of a newsletter you are subscribed to, but the iPhone 3.0 security update release notes mention this as a "security related" feature.

Posted on MacBytes.com
Approved by Mudbug
MacBytes is offline   0
Old Jun 22, 2009, 04:00 PM   #2
shamino
macrumors 68040

Great feature. I've been using a similar feature in all my mail clients (Thunderbird, Yahoo web-mail, mail.com's web-mail and GMail) for quite a while now.

I will be interested to see if Apple's feature goes anywhere beyond just blocking all remote images. Ideally, I'd like to be able to tap on an image-placeholder to see that single image, have a button to display all images for a single mail message, and a way to mark some senders as "safe" so you can see remote images embedded in your favorite newsletters without having to explicitly load them (or disable remote-image blocking) every time.

MacRumors Forums > Archive > Archives of Old Posts > MacBytes.com News Discussion