Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

lindsayanng

macrumors 68000
May 4, 2008
East Haven, CT
its like getting a text.. but think about it this way.. the more texts you get, the more your battery will drain.. SO if you have a load of apps that are constantly sending you push notifications, your battery will drain faster..

davelanger

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 25, 2009
its like getting a text.. but think about it this way.. the more texts you get, the more your battery will drain.. SO if you have a load of apps that are constantly sending you push notifications, your battery will drain faster..

Ok thanks, but it wont drain it as fast as fetch (if you had that on lets say every 15 mins). Unless you get like 50 emails a day

phonewentwest

macrumors regular
Jul 11, 2008
there's no noticeable difference for me. my battery is pretty much
is crap reguardless (2g) hopefully when I get
the 3gs it will be better than this one.

uneek1

macrumors regular
Jun 18, 2009
Your phone is more or less constantly getting information from att when it is on, so I wouldn't think there would be a huge increase in battery usage.

lindsayanng

macrumors 68000
May 4, 2008
East Haven, CT
Ok thanks, but it wont drain it as fast as fetch (if you had that on lets say every 15 mins). Unless you get like 50 emails a day

which is why I said it depends on how many applications that you have that have push enabled.. and how often those apps push through notifications. I can definitely tell you that if my sister has push AIM on her phone, her battery would die VERY quickly..

Its more than just email, and thats where i guess you might be not understading. If you have Skype, IM, weather, calender, etc.. and some of them push through a bunch of notifications a day, then you could see a difference.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.