Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

BStudley35

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 11, 2009
Hello,

I bought my 17" Macbook Pro recently and the tracking by FedEx Express says that its estimated delivery is June 24, by 10:30 am.

If it is going to be delivered by 10:30 am, how early should I be awake to sign for the package? I certainly do not want to miss it because I was sleeping.

So, from your experiences, how early in the morning has a package been delivered to you by FedEx?

Thanks!
Brendan

Zman5225

macrumors 6502a
May 15, 2005
Tacoma WA
honestly mine always arrives in the afternoon simply because of my relative location to the local shipping facility.

Take your blankey and sleep near the front door ! :)

RedWings

macrumors regular
Jun 16, 2009
Go to the Apple Store and click-on 'Account'. Click on Order Status. You may have to sign in.

You'll see your order and the tracking number. Next to the tracking number will be a link for "Pre Sign For This Shipment". After you agree to the terms/conditions it will bring you to a form you fill out, print, and hang on your door.

Sleep in, wake up, and maybe the Mac Fairy will have left your Mac on your front step.

Directions from Apple site:

1. Print this page and use this form if you will not be home on the day of your expected delivery.

2. Please mark your preferred delivery location and sign below. Your package cannot be delivered without a valid signature.

3. Affix to your front door before 8:00am on the day of your expected delivery.

Note: A separate Release Authorization form is required for each package.

mrj205

macrumors regular
Mar 25, 2009
Virginia
So, from your experiences, how early in the morning has a package been delivered to you by FedEx?

Personally, everything I get from FedEx is on my desk when I arrive to work. I have everything delivered to my business address so I know someone will be there to sign for it. FedEx normally hits our office around 8:00AM. But its all dependent on if its a business or home delivery, and where your address fits into the route.

harodude

macrumors regular
May 7, 2007
I am at the Southern most point of Sacramento, CA.... Literally a few feet between Sac/Elk Grove, and they tend to deliver all my priority stuff minutes before 10:30. I have a feeling they do all the northern Sac deliveries and work their way down before they hit me.

They have only ever missed this timeframe, because of EXTREME weather...

:apple: + FedEx make a great combo!

DiamondMac

macrumors 68040
Aug 11, 2006
Washington, D.C.
I am not sure of their official hours but on "big days" where they expect to rush things....they can get out 1-2 hours early with those packages that can be dropped off

stainlessliquid

macrumors 68000
Sep 22, 2006
Probably around 8 is the earliest. It always says "package out for delivery" around 6:30am but that doesnt mean the truck left, it just means they loaded it in the truck, it probably takes awhile after that before they leave.

I wouldnt base it on distance to the facility, I live pretty close to the airport which is where the UPS facility is and I dont get stuff from them until after 4pm (one time they came at 7pm).

krizhek

macrumors newbie
May 14, 2009
Buffalo, NY
being a former fedex driver and package handler I can say it all depends on your driver. If they expect a big day they'll leave earlier. But normally they'll be leaving the facility around 7-8am...from there it just depends where you are on their route.

BStudley35

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 11, 2009
Thanks for all the responses!

One new thing I have noticed is that the status of my delivery on the Apple website says that it will be delivered by the 23rd, while FedEx's says the 24th.

Which is right??

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.