Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

harry454

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 13, 2007
Hey guys, I have to blu-ray version of Dark Knight which came with the digital version on a separate DVD, I popped the DVD into my iMac and then itunes poped up, I entered the code and redeemed it, waited like 5 minutes, download finished and when I try to play the movie in itunes or quick time all I get is a grey screen and no audio. Any help please?

harry454

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 13, 2007
no I havent tried playing it on my iphone and yes I have flip4mac installed

n-abounds

macrumors 6502a
Mar 6, 2006
Well if you redeemed it on iTunes, then there should be no need for Flip4Mac...
Try it on your iPhone. That should tell you if it's a problem with the copy or a problem with your comp/iTunes.

JediMeister

macrumors 68040
Oct 9, 2008
What version of iTunes, version of QuickTime? iTunes latest version is 8.2, QuickTime 7.6.2. Update, try playback.

davwin

macrumors regular
Nov 4, 2008
I have the Dark Knight BD with the digital copy as well and the SD digital version is iTunes compatible. I did the same thing as the original poster and it was added to my Movies directory within iTunes. My copy does however play fine on the Mac itself and my iPhone. Only reason I can think of for this not to work is an incompatibility with your version (as already mentioned) or a bad import or possibly account authorization...?

Try signing out then back in to your iTunes account and try to play it back on the computer itself first. Then try re-syncing the Movie to your iPhone/whatever you have... That would cover account authorization. To test the imported file, try recopying the DVD within iTunes but Do Not delete the original file. If nothing else, ttry calling into Apple support and they can reset your movie "key" so you can download a new copy or credit your account: either way.

if it helps, my versions are QT 7.6.2 and itunes 8.2

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.