Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting

Old Jun 19, 2009, 05:43 PM   #1
gohome190
macrumors regular

iphone back up didnt restore contacts, notes, settings... everything!!!

Hi, I restored my iphone after installing the new 3.0 jailbroken firmware. after restoration, all my music was restored, but ALL my contacts and such were not restored. the backup is on my computer somewhere right?

the main thing im worried about is my contact list... damn.

also, I have a few months old contact file i saved in case of emergency on my macbook. It just says "mobile contacts" as the file image. any way i could use that?!

thanks
gohome190 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 19, 2009, 05:48 PM   #2
UnbornApple
macrumors regular

Try right clicking on the iPhone and go to restore from back up.

You'll wait to pick the most recent one. But if that one dosen't work and there are others try them all! If you don't have your contacts synced somewhere on the computer then I'm afraid your out of luck on that. Sorry
UnbornApple is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 19, 2009, 05:48 PM   #3
AiralynRose
macrumors 6502a

Send a message via AIM to AiralynRose
Why wouldn't you be syncing your contacts with your Address Book on your mac? Then they'd always be "backed up". Contacts are not stored in the backup. (Just like everything else that has a tab with syncing option in iTunes - calendars, music, photos, etc.)

backups are stored at /Users/YOU/Library/Application Support/MobileSync/Backup
Old Jun 19, 2009, 05:51 PM   #4
Scooterman1
macrumors 6502a

Contacts, Notes, ..... all the things you can select to Sync in iTunes are restored with a sync in iTunes.
-----o---G---G--
------n---B---S--
-------e---------
Scooterman1 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 19, 2009, 05:56 PM   #5
gohome190
macrumors regular

oh no.
gohome190 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting