Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

VideoNewbie

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 6, 2009
when i plug in the iphone to my computer...

1.) i dont see a green battery icon on the iphone signaling that its charging and

2.) i dont see an iphone icon on my computers desktop...

sd2009

macrumors 6502
May 30, 2008
iphone doesnt show up on desktop because they dont let you use it as a storage device

VideoNewbie

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 6, 2009

sd2009

macrumors 6502
May 30, 2008
i am looking for this exact screen capture u made.
but i have yet to see it on my phone..

isnt that the image thats supposed to pop up when u are charging the phone?

that shows up when the phone is locked (unless yourelistening to music)

VideoNewbie

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 6, 2009
that shows up when the phone is locked (unless yourelistening to music)

and the phone locks itself after a period of non activity right?

i have the phone plugged into my computer now....im just trying to leave it be and let it charge but i dont see anything on the phone itself that tells me its charging because the screen is black...

im just so used to something flashing or a pulsating icon or something that lets me know its charging

even when that green battery thing pops up it doesnt stay on the screen right? it eventually wil turn black?

efice32

macrumors 6502
Nov 3, 2008
Music City USA
and the phone locks itself after a period of non activity right?

i have the phone plugged into my computer now....im just trying to leave it be and let it charge but i dont see anything on the phone itself that tells me its charging because the screen is black...

im just so used to something flashing or a pulsating icon or something that lets me know its charging

even when that green battery thing pops up it doesnt stay on the screen right? it eventually wil turn black?

the unlock screen will look like the screen cap above...with the green battery. After a bit of time the phone will put the display to sleep (just like if the phone was in your pocket or something). It's still charging though as long as it's still plugged in.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.