Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

PeggyD

macrumors 6502a
Jan 9, 2007
Covington, WA, USA
For DTP only, the best is probably Swift Publisher. I got it as part of a bundle a couple of years ago.Swift Publisher now has support for Art Text, another BeLlight program. I do like Belight Software programs.

I use Pages, part of iWork, but it does lack some features a dedicated DTP program would have.

Another, not as highly regarded any more is Desktop Publisher Pro. It is PPC only, not universal binary.

indigotheory

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 1, 2009
hi thanks for the reply, ive just been checking out their site, it looks just the thing, part of the "printfolio" suite. The whole suite looks cool.

Big Bad D

macrumors 6502a
Jan 3, 2007
France
Having previously used it on Amiga and PC, my preference is Pagestream. It's got plenty of features, but admittedly is not the most user friendly and is still suffering with some OS-X compatibility, although the latest beta is looking better.

Nermal

Staff member
Dec 7, 2002
New Zealand
If you have Word, take a look at the publishing mode. It doesn't have all the features of a proper publishing app, but if you already have Word then it might be good enough for what you need.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.