Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Mac Basics and Help

Old Jun 20, 2009, 02:39 PM   #1
indigotheory
macrumors regular

Best DTP for mac / MS Publisher equivalent

hi there, whats the best and easy to use dtp for the mac?

Thanks in advance
Old Jun 20, 2009, 04:27 PM   #2
PeggyD
macrumors 6502a

For DTP only, the best is probably Swift Publisher. I got it as part of a bundle a couple of years ago.Swift Publisher now has support for Art Text, another BeLlight program. I do like Belight Software programs.

I use Pages, part of iWork, but it does lack some features a dedicated DTP program would have.

Another, not as highly regarded any more is Desktop Publisher Pro. It is PPC only, not universal binary.
PeggyD is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 20, 2009, 05:37 PM   #3
indigotheory
macrumors regular

hi thanks for the reply, ive just been checking out their site, it looks just the thing, part of the "printfolio" suite. The whole suite looks cool.
Old Jun 29, 2010, 11:21 AM   #4
Pad22
macrumors newbie

In my opinion iStudio Publisher is the best and easiest to use dtp application for the mac. I found it when I switched from the PC and haven't looked back!
Pad22 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 30, 2010, 03:22 PM   #5
Big Bad D
macrumors member

Having previously used it on Amiga and PC, my preference is Pagestream. It's got plenty of features, but admittedly is not the most user friendly and is still suffering with some OS-X compatibility, although the latest beta is looking better.
Big Bad D is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 30, 2010, 03:30 PM   #6
Nermal

If you have Word, take a look at the publishing mode. It doesn't have all the features of a proper publishing app, but if you already have Word then it might be good enough for what you need.
Nermal is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Mac Basics and Help