Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dj.mooky

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 26, 2008
I have decided to not wait for PokerTracker to come to mac, and attempt to write my own very small scale poker tracking software(using cocoa) with at first base functionality. Specifically my starting point is to simply:
1) read a hand history file, and stick the info into a database.
2) keep track of base %'s as a whole, not per street(at first)
3) parse said history file and keep each separate hand for later in a database for later review.

Seeking another programmer to assist with the project.

Must have: pokerstars or fulltiltpoker account (play money / real money, doesn't matter to me). And play hold'em and/or at least understand pot limit omaha(my true poker love)

Please PM if interested, project will be a long term thing.

If I do not find a partner to work with on this, I may start a blog to keep track of the project for those who may be interested. At this time, I have not decided whether or not I will make the program freeware or software for purchase. Any questions are welcome, of interest, disdain, concern, or otherwise.

-dj.mooky

dj.mooky

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 26, 2008
I figure 120 views justifies the assumption of at least a small amount of interest out there.

So far I've gotten very little in the way of shows of interest to help with design/coding but I'm pushing forward. I've got a very general setup going on already, with the following info, to expanded later, upon successful parsing of a file with more than 1 hand in it(having an issue currently there)

tracking info:
vpip
call %
raise %
reraise%
call reraise%
(3bet code in, but not implimented)
fold to raise
fold to reraise
win $ at showdown%, & went to showdown%
total hands
total winnings

currently only tracking these numbers on a whole. Will plan to impliment %'s per street later, again once the basics are up and functioning.

If anyone is still interested, I am dying to figure a better way to store the data, because at the moment i'm just sticking objects in a dictionary of player names... Which seems to not be the smartest way of doing things.

I'm open to suggestions for other things to track, as well as better ways of accomplishing things.

once I get the first hand parse down, I'll try to throw up some screen shots of the basic setup.

dj.mooky

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 26, 2008
Welp, phase 1 working.

Total hands functions, getting some wierd errors with KVC issues that I'm 99% sure are not exactly how the errors appear

Rewrote dictionary of players to just be a data model

to do list(short version):
1) attach game numbers to window, and add a relationship for player <=> hand
2) determine and fix KVC errors that are raining down

first glimpse:
version0-9.jpg

dj.mooky

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 26, 2008
Thanks to the help from a few people on here, I think I have the cash tracking functionality completely up to date.

If anyone here plays poker on pokerstars I could use two or 3 beta testers.

If anyone is interested, send me a PM and I'll email you a copy of the current beta. I am quite aware of the bugs in the current version, I just want some 3rd party checks that the cash tracking is working(as intended)... I'll be implementing a way to see total-rake collected so the sums should equal zero all together.

if interested, please PM (currently only compatible with real money cash games... sorry)

dj.mooky

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 26, 2008
Major interface updates

<3 core data entity helper... made this much easier, though I don't want it to turn into a crutch....

version9f-allplayers.jpg

version9f-hand.jpg

version9f-singleplayer.jpg

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.