Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Digital Audio

Old Jun 20, 2009, 06:58 PM   #1
hab101
macrumors newbie

Firebox/Garageband Question :

Hi, not sure how many people here use the presonus firebox, but I just rented one hoping to start recording with it using Garageband. With alot of struggle and confusion I have gotten to the point where garageband recognizes the firebox and I can record through my les paul studio on it and use the mic, but when I try and play back what I just did on the computer, no sound is being played back. What am I doing wrong? I also do not have any intense headphones that people keep seeming to recommend, are they a must for me to be able to hear what Im recording??

Thanks in advance, Kyle

P.S. I am using a macbook pro if that makes any differance,
hab101 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 20, 2009, 07:41 PM   #2
jackerin
macrumors 6502a

I don't know what Firefox has to do with it, but usually when you use an audio interface Garageband will try to use it for both input and output. If you don't have any speakers connected to the Firebox outputs you will not hear any sound.

What you can do is to set Garageband to use the Firebox input while using the Macbook Pro output. Open the preferences and look at the audio settings.
jackerin is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 27, 2009, 01:35 PM   #3
hab101
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackerin View Post
I don't know what Firefox has to do with it, but usually when you use an audio interface Garageband will try to use it for both input and output. If you don't have any speakers connected to the Firebox outputs you will not hear any sound.

What you can do is to set Garageband to use the Firebox input while using the Macbook Pro output. Open the preferences and look at the audio settings.
Hey, thanks man, stupid me, that ended up working perfectly! Amazing what these preamps do, Im totally turning into a digital audio guy!
hab101 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Digital Audio