Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Hornets

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 21, 2009
Harrogate, Yorkshire, UK
Hello.

First post here.

I have built a website for my daughter's cheerleading squad using iweb and I'm generally pleased with the results - http://www.harrogatehornetscheerleaders.co.uk. However, I have a problem with iweb's blog facility. Some viewers can't access the individual blog entries. They get a .mac bad link page. When I checked the address that they are sent to, theirs is different to the one I'm getting, the correct one. Their address ends in something like /blog/⌗link⌗ - instead of /blog/entries/2009 etc.......

Any ideas why this is happening? Is it a windows thing? I can read them fine on my mac and have no problems viewing them on my iPhone.

Any help would be appreciated as I can find the same problem listed when I search for it.

angelwatt

Moderator emeritus
Aug 16, 2005
USA
I'm not seeing anything obvious and I had no trouble accessing the pages with Firefox, Safari, or Opera on Mac. My first thoughts were that there may have been spaces in the page names, but that doesn't look to be an issue. I did notice one link has a comma and another has the pound (£) in it, both of which has to be decoded for the URL. Some Windows browsers can't handle these symbols in the URL. Generally you should only use the ascii character set for URLs until they all get converted over to handling utf-8 URLs. Most do already, but not all.

Do you know if these people are only having issues with specific entries, or all? Also do you know what browser and version they are using? Another possibility is that depending where they are viewing from some of the content may be getting filtered, such as not downloading all the scripts from Mobile Me. Also, content blockers like AdBlock in Firefox could be causing problems. Just some things to look into.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.