Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Apple TV and Home Theater

Old Jun 21, 2009, 06:09 PM   #1
greygreen
macrumors newbie

can I rip 3+ dvds simultaneously?

I am wondering what options there are to rip multiple dvds 3+ simultaneously. I currently use two mac books and it gets the job done, but I have a lot of dvds and I would like to speed up the "archiving" process.

I just wondered if I would need to purchase multiple mac mini's, dvd drives, etc. If anyone has already resolved this issue, or if this isn't the right forum, please let me know.

I currently use Handbrake and mtr.
greygreen is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 21, 2009, 06:12 PM   #2
rhett7660
macrumors G3

Or what you can do is rip the dvds to your hard drive..... Then setup a que with handbrake, if that is what you are using and let it work over night.

If you want to rip more then one dvd at a time in real time you need more dvd drives... easy as that.
Old Jun 21, 2009, 06:17 PM   #3
greygreen
macrumors newbie

I never thought to que up disc images from mtr and ripping through the night/workday. Good Idea, thanks
greygreen is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 22, 2009, 08:42 AM   #4
rhett7660
macrumors G3

You are welcome! That is what I did when I was knee deep in the ripping process....... Good luck!

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Apple TV and Home Theater