Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting

Old Jun 21, 2009, 06:08 PM   #1
JBaker122586
macrumors 65816

iPhone won't get past Apple logo EDIT: FIXED

I was attempting to do the "delete all settings and data from iPhone" from within the iPhone.

After about half an hour or so, the bar hadn't moved at all, so I held the sleep and home buttons to do a hard reset.

Now the iPhone will just load the Apple logo and then go black. The same thing happens when I plug it into my Mac.

This is an iPhone 3G.
Anybody have any advice?

EDIT: Apparently holding down the home button while plugging into the Mac did the trick.

Last edited by JBaker122586; Jun 21, 2009 at 06:21 PM.
JBaker122586 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 21, 2009, 06:20 PM   #2
williamtcforsyt
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBaker122586 View Post
I was attempting to do the "delete all settings and data from iPhone" from within the iPhone.

After about half an hour or so, the bar hadn't moved at all, so I held the sleep and home buttons to do a hard reset.

Now the iPhone will just load the Apple logo and then go black. The same thing happens when I plug it into my Mac.

This is an iPhone 3G.
Anybody have any advice?
PLug iPhone to Mac.
Press & Hold 'power' and 'home' buttons until apple sign appears
Release 'power' button whilist still holding 'home' button

iTunes should bring up a message and iPhone should boot in 'recovery' mode. You should be able to then restore
williamtcforsyt is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting