Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

hasteveha

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 27, 2008
I have a world wide unlocked iphone 3g I've been using on tmobile, I updated to 3.0. I use the .ipcc file and the teathering works great. I can't get the mms working, I've tried different proxy settings etc, anyone get it to work for tmobile usa?

Thanks

djamo

macrumors newbie
Mar 1, 2008
and u need help with the MMS settings...these worked for me!!!

APN: wap.voicestream.com
Username:
Password:
MMSC: 216.155.174.84/servlets/mms
MMS Proxy 216.155.165.50:8080
MMS Max Message Size:
MMS UA Prof URL:

Once settings are entered restart ur phone and the little camera icon should show in the Messages...let me know if this helps anyone!

djamo

macrumors newbie
Mar 1, 2008
haha, that was my question, how'd you unlock 3.0 on the 3G?

i bought mine off ebay, so mine is legally unlocked, it sucks i cant use the 3G on tmobile, but i dont have to pay out of my a$$ for expensive plans (tmobile gave me a $50 unlimited everything minutes/data plan for being such a loyal customer...i remember talking to the guy on the phone and even he has his iPhone with Tmobile) I <3 TMOBILE!!!

Chili Bowl

macrumors newbie
Jun 14, 2009
and u need help with the MMS settings...these worked for me!!!

APN: wap.voicestream.com
Username:
Password:
MMSC: 216.155.174.84/servlets/mms
MMS Proxy 216.155.165.50:8080
MMS Max Message Size:
MMS UA Prof URL:

Once settings are entered restart ur phone and the little camera icon should show in the Messages...let me know if this helps anyone!
just tried this and it worked..thanks!!!

eshiku

macrumors member
Apr 2, 2009
setting > general > network> ceullar data network > "MMS"

then just enter all the info

KBenton

macrumors member
Jun 20, 2008
the icon comes up now but when i send it I get the message send error. "Your message was not sent"

Anyone else get this? I'm pretty certain I have picture messaging with my tmobile plan.

moelsaied88

macrumors newbie
Jun 23, 2009
yea these settings didnt work for me either, i just get the ! mark. any ideas? im in new jersey and using the 5.99 tzones plan if that makes any diffrence. i know i have pic messaging though so i dont think thats it.

liquidtrend

macrumors 6502
Jul 26, 2008
HOUSTON, TX
im coming up with an error after inputting the info djamo suggested. i have access to the itty bitty camera and can take a picture, but the file does not send.

JSmoove05

macrumors 6502
Jun 4, 2007
I get the camera to pop up in the left corner but I see the red question mark when it trys to send any work around for this thanks!

Lord Sandwich

macrumors regular
Apr 29, 2005
im coming up with an error after inputting the info djamo suggested. i have access to the itty bitty camera and can take a picture, but the file does not send.

Are you sending to a non-Tmo number? Inter-carrier MMS is very sketchy, I've been able to send to a friend on AT&T but Verizon is failing.

Worse still, Messaging is defaulting to MMS for group send even when text-only and it's failing on my Verizon contacts! :(

EDIT: Apparently group MMS fails regardless of carrier. But Verizon won't take any sort of MMS.

Soulful

macrumors newbie
Jun 15, 2009
MMS on T-mobile in UK on officially unlocked 32GB iphone 3gs

Hi,

Sorry if this has been posted elsewhere but I'm trying to get mms working on my iphone 3gs without any luck. I've done the usual internet searches in spoken to T-mobile without luck.

If anyone else was in the same position then I would be grateful for some help. Please remember its for T-mobile UK and the phone is officially unlocked by Apple (bought in Italy).

Thanks.

abelmacforums

macrumors newbie
Jun 23, 2009
I get the camera to pop up in the left corner but I see the red question mark when it trys to send any work around for this thanks!
I get the same thing too. Now, I have a question for all those who are getting the red exclamation mark: did you do a restore after you unlocked your phone? In other words, did you sync to iTunes and instructed it to restore your iPhone from a backup? That's what I did, and I'm wondering if that is the cause of the issue.

Also, those of you for whom the settings are working... did you restore your iPhone from a backup after unlocking it or did you tell iTunes to do a fresh start?

Thanks.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.