Trouble with mini-DVI-to-video adapter - MacRumors Forums
Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Apple TV and Home Theater

Old Jun 22, 2009, 10:34 AM   #1
TheBlueLeopard
macrumors newbie

Trouble with mini-DVI-to-video adapter

I just bought the Dynex Mini-DVI-to-video adapter on eBay, and I can't tell if the part is broken or it just doesn't work with my machine. Or some third thing.

I'm trying to connect my iMac (which I bought about a year and a half ago) to my TV via S-Video. I have no reason to believe the cable isn't working, but my Mac won't recognize the second display. I've previously used a VGA monitor with another Dynex adaptor and had it work fine.

I'm starting to suspect the part (which says it's designed for laptops) may require a different graphic card than I have, even though the Dynex "help" line said it should just be plug-and-play.

Any help or insight would be greatly appreciated. Anyone else have this problem, or know more than I do? If this is the wrong part, what would I need to accomplish this setup? Thanks in advance.
TheBlueLeopard is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Apple TV and Home Theater