Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > PowerPC Macs

Old Jun 22, 2009, 11:13 AM   #1
Carcharios
macrumors newbie

Airport Reception Between MacBook Versus Powerbook?

I am currently at the beach and I have my Powerbook G4 12'' and my father's MacBook operating. Both have OSX 10.4.11 running. My father's MacBook, which is approximately 3 years old versus my older Powerbook, is picking up several internet connections from the surrounding houses in the area but for whatever reason, my older Powerbook only picks up about 1/3 the amount of internet connections. Does anyone know why this is the case? Do the newer MacBook's have improved components in terms of their airports that allow them to pick up more signals? Is there a setting I can change on my older Powerbook that could improve my signal reception? Any help would be much appreciated.

Carcharios
Carcharios is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 22, 2009, 11:23 AM   #2
iLog.Genius
macrumors 68040

It's a known fact that MacBook's (pre-unibody) have superior AirPort functionality compared to that of PowerBook's and MacBook Pro's. In terms of increasing signal on the PowerBook, if you Google how to improve your AirPort for your PowerBook there are a few tips on how to do so but don't know if they really work.
iLog.Genius is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > PowerPC Macs