Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

derek13

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 22, 2009
Waterloo, Ontario
Unlimited SMS 2.0 is our latest work - it lets you send as many text messages as you want within the USA for free and get replies as well for free.

Text messaging is also free from Unlimited SMS to Unlimited SMS users.

This application is very similar to the textfree Unlimited application that is already out in the App Store.

Here are some screen shots of it:
1.png
2.png

3.png
4.png
5.png

We are no longer looking for new beta testers. If you are an existing beta tester and want the latest build, send me an email.

Thanks!

gloss

macrumors 601
May 9, 2006
around/about
Million dollar question: Do outbound texts still appear as coming from some random server number, or is there a unique ID that folks can add to their address books so they don't feel like they're being messaged out of the blue by a total stranger?

Jeremy1026

macrumors 68020
Nov 3, 2007
Very clean looking. Almost looks like screenshots straight out of the Messages app.

bbplayer5

macrumors 68040
Apr 13, 2007
I would be willing to test this. Question though - what do people see when you text them? As in... who do they see for the caller ID if you will.

Thanks.

kicko

macrumors 65816
Aug 26, 2008
the cleaner the SMS the better people will enjoy using it, or as close as the real SMS.

vettori

macrumors 6502a
Jul 10, 2008
Italy, near Venice
Dear Derek13,

if you are interested in making your app compatible with mine ABContacts (a popular contact management app) please contact me (a private message is ok or reply here). ABContacts already can use biteSMS and iRealSMS and I'm interested in adding more apps.

Thank you !!

P.S.
Sorry for this post, I tried to send a PM but you can't receive them...

Chumbake

macrumors member
Feb 25, 2009
I'm available to beta test. I have tested for four other apps and would be very interested in trying this one out for you.

astrosaurus

macrumors newbie
Jun 18, 2009
Are you guys going to have landscape mode? I've grown really fond of it since it was enabled after 3.0.

belvdr

macrumors 603
Aug 15, 2005
Just use Google Voice when it's released. If you already have a Grand Central account, you can upgrade to GV now and start using unlimited SMS now.

derek13

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 22, 2009
Waterloo, Ontario
Dear Derek13,

if you are interested in making your app compatible with mine ABContacts (a popular contact management app) please contact me (a private message is ok or reply here). ABContacts already can use biteSMS and iRealSMS and I'm interested in adding more apps.

Thank you !!

P.S.
Sorry for this post, I tried to send a PM but you can't receive them...

I would definitely be interested. Shoot me an email and we can talk about it more.

derek13

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 22, 2009
Waterloo, Ontario
Are you guys going to have landscape mode? I've grown really fond of it since it was enabled after 3.0.

If there's still room i'm available to help beta test.

-Alex

I would also be interested in beta testing. I look forward to finding out if I can.

I'm available to beta test. I have tested for four other apps and would be very interested in trying this one out for you.

i am interested in beta testing your app if there is still room

thanks

Sign me up for the beta if still have any room.

fleeper

There is still room for the beta test. Shoot me an email with your UDID if you are interested. If you do not know how to get your UDID, no worries. Send me an email anyway and I will help you retrieve it.

Thanks to everyone who offered to participate in the beta test! :)

pooryou

macrumors 65816
Sep 28, 2007
NorCal
Million dollar question: Do outbound texts still appear as coming from some random server number, or is there a unique ID that folks can add to their address books so they don't feel like they're being messaged out of the blue by a total stranger?

Yeah that's the kicker right there isn't it.

TheZimm

macrumors 6502a
Jul 12, 2008
Hey,

I'm interested in beta testing. I've beta tested before so I know the drill =]

Dan

jman800

macrumors regular
Sep 19, 2008
I am very interested in this! I have been wanting to do this for awhile! Please sign me up !:D

I sent you a email! Thanks hope I get a reply :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.