|May 24, 2004, 09:30 PM||#1|
Regretting eMac purchase on and off...
I'm not a heavy gamer, but when I bought my eMac last November, I hoped to play games every now and then.
I thought the 7500 in the eMac would get me by, but more and more I find that isn't the truth. It's quite aggrivating. I look at the new 1.25Ghz eMac and wonder if even that would be much better.
I may end up selling this thing and trading up sooner than I thought.
|May 24, 2004, 10:20 PM||#2|
Last edited by NusuniAdmin; May 24, 2004 at 10:24 PM.
|May 24, 2004, 10:31 PM||#3|
Looking at your sig, you have a 1 ghz eMac. If you were to use your 1 ghz side by side to a 1.25 the difference would hardly be noticable.
To be guided by faith is to be misled.
|May 24, 2004, 10:41 PM||#4|
i5 @ 3.6 Ghz | GB P55-UD3R | 4GB RAM DDR3 | GTX 580 | 4x 1TB WD | TX750
iPhone 4s (16GB), iBook 800 G3
|May 25, 2004, 12:50 AM||#5|
the Radeon 9200 in the new eMac is a better processor for sure but the 32MB of video RAM just doesn't cut it any more.
I am a mac lover but if you are looking for a computer in that price bracket, a PC is the way to go if you know how to put one together. It's VERY straight forward.
For the same price as the cheapest eMac, I got:
- Antec Sonata piano finish black quiet case
- Abit AN7 motherboard
- Zalma ZM-NB47J fanless motherboard chipset heatsink
- AMD Athlon XP 2800+ which I have running at about 3300+ speed
- Zalman CNPS7000A-AlCu quiet CPU cooler
- 512MB PC3200 Legend performance RAM (2x 256MB in dual channel like a G5)
- ATi Radeon 9600XT graphics card
- Zalman ZM-HP80C silent fanless graphics card cooler
- 80GB Seagate 7200,7 Serial ATA hard drive (like G5)
- Samsumg 16x DVD/52x CD-RW combo drive (way faster and quieter than combo drive even in G5)
- Philips 107S 17" flat CRT display
- Microsoft Multimedia keyboard
- Microsoft optical mouse
Everything is black and matches perfectly. It is also almost completely silent, a lot quieter than the eMac.
I'm sorry to say but this PC whips the eMac's butt performance wise. Now all we need is panther for x86!
Having said all that, my favourite computer out of my 2 is my 1.5GHz 15" PowerBook!
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Anyone regretting purchasing a gold 5s?||rockitdog||iPhone||143||Sep 8, 2014 10:30 AM|
|Not regretting the switch||MBX||Alternatives to iOS and iOS Devices||9||Nov 18, 2013 10:06 AM|
|iPad: Anyone regretting selling their iPad?||pmontanarella||iPad||11||Apr 22, 2013 08:58 AM|
|Anyone regretting buying a cMBP?||F1 Fan||MacBook Pro||142||Mar 10, 2013 04:20 PM|
|Anyone regretting going 16GB over 32?||vito||iPhone||30||Sep 20, 2012 08:51 AM|
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:06 AM.