Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mkrishnan

Moderator emeritus
Original poster
Jan 9, 2004
Grand Rapids, MI, USA
This review was linked from MacBytes...

http://gcn.com/23_12/prod_reviews/25985-1.html

It's a generally very positive review of the iBook G4, but it had one strange thing that I was curious about:

The newest version, 10.3, has a bug that tends to crash the iBook when it’s in sleep mode for more than a couple of hours, unless you’ve logged out.

Anyone experienced this issue? My usual MO with my iBook is to almost always use it plugged in, to put it to sleep by closing it, whenever I'm going to be away from it for more than 10 minutes (so it spends a good 16-20 hours a day asleep!), and to reboot it once every week or two. I haven't experienced this issue.

There were a couple of other strange things in the article (he referred to AE as 802.11b instead of g, and also in praising the bundled software, he mentioned the inclusion of antivirus software, which was news to me - has this changed recently?), but in general it was a fairly reasonable review.

Oh, *giggles* he also commented on the lack of a forward delete key. :)

So I was just wondering if this issue is common? I didn't see any threads here about it. Computers not waking from sleep or hibernate was one of my biggest peaves about pre-XP Win PCs... :(

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.