Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Archive > Archives of Old Posts > MacBytes.com News Discussion

Old Jun 23, 2009, 09:20 AM   #1
MacBytes
macrumors bot

New generation iPhones sell like wildfire

Category: Apple Hardware
Link: New generation iPhones sell like wildfire
Description:: none

Posted on MacBytes.com
Approved by Mudbug
MacBytes is offline   0
Old Jun 23, 2009, 10:24 AM   #2
WiseWeasel
macrumors newbie

Send a message via AIM to WiseWeasel
uh

WTH does it mean to "sell like wildfire"? Does it mean that several firefighters lost their lives to the stampede of potential iPhone buyers? Or that there was a state of emergency declared once the Governator wasn't able to get one and discovered a 7-14-day wait?
Old Jun 23, 2009, 10:26 AM   #3
Schtumple
macrumors 601

Send a message via Skype™ to Schtumple
Quote:
Originally Posted by WiseWeasel View Post
WTH does it mean to "sell like wildfire"? Does it mean that several firefighters lost their lives to the stampede of potential iPhone buyers? Or that there was a state of emergency declared once the Governator wasn't able to get one and discovered a 7-14-day wait?
2nd one

I do love how Apple has held it together during the recession, I remember loads of analysts saying apple would be really hard hit by it all, but they seem to be doing just fine

Last edited by Schtumple; Jun 23, 2009 at 11:46 AM.
Schtumple is offline   0
Old Jun 23, 2009, 10:46 AM   #4
baydogan
macrumors newbie

I guess I subscribe to too many RSS feeds related to . This is the 7th or 8th article about how well iPhone3GS is selling. I am getting jealous.
Old Jun 23, 2009, 09:33 PM   #5
winmacguy
macrumors 68020

Quote:
I take it you have never watched a wild fire burn? - They accellerate very quickly, hense the term.
Old Jun 24, 2009, 05:24 PM   #6
BornAgainMac
macrumors 601

It will spike up just like the iPod. Then Apple will make different colors when they reach a technology limitation and some software features that only work with the new iPhones with the later chipsets. I look forward to an iChat AV iPhone with fingerprint scanner to unlock the iPhone.
BornAgainMac is offline   0
Old Jun 24, 2009, 07:40 PM   #7
clevin
macrumors G3

would be interested to see how many (% wise) 3GS buyers are from previous iPhone users..
clevin is offline   0
Old Jun 24, 2009, 08:03 PM   #8
winmacguy
macrumors 68020

Quote:
Originally Posted by clevin View Post
would be interested to see how many (% wise) 3GS buyers are from previous iPhone users..
Quite a lot according to AppleInsider.com
Old Jun 24, 2009, 08:05 PM   #9
clevin
macrumors G3

Quote:
Originally Posted by winmacguy View Post
Quite a lot according to AppleInsider.com
sigh, accurate data are always difficult to get, I guess keep people guessing is a good part of marketing strategy.
clevin is offline   0
Old Jun 26, 2009, 01:01 AM   #10
franzmueller
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by clevin View Post
But the good part of it is that the " old " iphones will be still used by someone else .
In my case I´m upgrading to the S and my wife will get mine , we have never done it before with a cellphone which most of the time ends up in a drawer till we do spring cleaning and lands for sure in the garbage can...

No .... we don´t have recycling containers for that stuff here is the south of Spain

Saludos
Old Jun 26, 2009, 03:26 AM   #11
chrono1081
macrumors 604

Quote:
Wow is it really a 7 - 14 day wait? I looked on forum search and didn't see anything about wait times.

I guess I'll stop clicking "refresh" on my shipment status :'(
Old Jun 26, 2009, 11:26 AM   #12
SleepyHead157
macrumors regular

Apple is doing very well in the recession. they seem to be handling the product realeases very reasonably and very timely. this is the main reason why they are flourishing while other companies are declining.

MacRumors Forums > Archive > Archives of Old Posts > MacBytes.com News Discussion