Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

entity

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 17, 2008
Detroit, MI
Out of curiosity I wanted to check the warranty information here.

It finds my iPhone but it says:
Our records indicate this product has not been activated. Learn how to activate your iPhone. Please note that warranty service is not dependent on activating your iPhone. For more information, please contact us.

Does anyone elses 3G S say that?

Edit: On AT&T using the SIM that came with the phone.

benlee

macrumors 65816
Mar 4, 2007
Same issue when checking status at Apple.com

Very interesting. Keep your receipt I guess.

dave006

macrumors 68040
Jul 3, 2008
Just West of East
Out of curiosity I wanted to check the warranty information here.

It finds my iPhone but it says:

Does anyone elses 3G S say that?

Edit: On AT&T using the SIM that came with the phone.
How did you activate? Part of the iTunes processs activivates the warranty registration. Did you have any issues with the iTunes activation?

Just as a reference my S/N is correctly showing my warranty status for my iPhone 3G S.

Dave

Poeticashes

macrumors member
Jun 23, 2008
My status says that as well. Then again, this iPhone 3GS was used as a movie/television prop..so that may explain it.

entity

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 17, 2008
Detroit, MI
iTunes gave me that 48 hours crap while activating. Had to call AT&T. I'm going to call Apple Care and see if they can register my phone or something along those lines. Will keep you filled in.

dagomike

macrumors 65816
Jun 22, 2007
Mine is active until July 08 2010, but then says I'm not eligible for complimentary phone support.

WTF?

benlee

macrumors 65816
Mar 4, 2007
iTunes gave me that 48 hours crap while activating. Had to call AT&T. I'm going to call Apple Care and see if they can register my phone or something along those lines. Will keep you filled in.

Please keep us posted.

entity

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 17, 2008
Detroit, MI
Please keep us posted.

Just got off the phone with Apple Care. The agent was very friendly and said that the warranty check takes some time to update as there is a lot of data being pushed through it. He could see my active hardware warranty even though the website does not.

Also, the site here does see my warranty and gives me an exact expiration date.

Hopefully this reassures anyone else who received a similar message and was nervous about their warranty!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.