Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

daveishere

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 2, 2008
UK
Hi,

Basically i have 3.0 on my 3G, and have entered my YouTube login details into the YouTube app on my iPhone. The only problem is, whenever i try to bring up my subscriptions, the iPhone displays the message 'YouTube not available', even though everything else in the app works fine. I can even go into the individual subscription pages (the people who i have subscribed to) and bring up their recent videos and play them).

Anyone else had this issue? I'm in the UK if that could be a problem?

BTW i am using my WiFi connection at home, and i'm about half a meter away from my Time Capsule when i try this, so its unlikely to be a connection problem on my end.

Kahnyl

macrumors 68000
Feb 2, 2009
Yeah I've had this problem on three installs of 3.0 on my 3G and now on my 3GS.

Chris Grande

macrumors 6502
Jun 17, 2003
The YouTube app seems very unstable. Strange errors, not all subscriptions showing up, add to playlist window showing no playlists. "New Videos" section coming up blank or if there is a number of videos in it, clicking gives the "YouTube not available error".

iphoneftw

macrumors 6502
Jun 17, 2009
No. Yours is about videos you watched on your phone with the app and according to youtube.com it says you have not watched it. While this thread is about the app is not retrieving videos of the people we are subscribed to.

well sorrry i just felt like the youtube app problems in my thread had simalarities and yes i have the same problems with the app i wish that it would work better. but it will probably be fixed when 3.1 comes out

spillproof

macrumors 68020
Jun 4, 2009
USA
well sorrry i just felt like the youtube app problems in my thread had simalarities and yes i have the same problems with the app i wish that it would work better. but it will probably be fixed when 3.1 comes out

I guess I came off a bit harsh. Sorry :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.