Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iOS > Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks

Old Jun 23, 2009, 07:24 PM   #1
Ak47gunner
macrumors newbie

Iphone stuck in emergency mode help!!!!!

I have an iphone 3g that i just upgraded with itunes it was jailbroken before now its not and is stuck on emergency mode. I did this to make it look like ithasnt been jailbroken to exchange at apple because of dust in the screen and some frozen pixels. So im planning on using an uncles sim to change it at apple then give it back to him, and when i get my new one it will be in emeergency mode too right? so to jailbreak this i just put it into dfu mode when itunes detects it i upload my custom firmware right? just need to confirm this so my heart rate can go back to normal ive been really worried ive just ****ed up. So i just put a new iphone thats in emergency mode into dfu mode to jailbreak right?

Last edited by Ak47gunner; Jun 23, 2009 at 07:36 PM.
Ak47gunner is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 23, 2009, 07:40 PM   #2
k2dragon
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ak47gunner View Post
Im taking it back to apple today but because it was jailbroken and unlocke i restored it with itunes to original 3.0 with an upgrade but because it was on tmobile and after i finished it now says no sim card installed insert a valid sim with no pin lock to activate iphone. so its on emergency call mode. Can I just insert a friends sim card in here to take it to apple. I am getting it replaced ebcause of dust under the screen, a frozen pixel, and some air bubbles inside. So can i just borrow a friends att card? they wont check it right to make sure its actually mine?

Just in case they dont replace it, is it possible for me to jailbreak this again? or do i have to insert a friends sim to jailbreak? DID I **** IT UP!?!?! sorry im just so scared...
This is NOT a big problem. You dont need a friends sim card. Use redsn0w (pc) or Pwnage (Mac) to jailbreak and activate your iphone. DO NOT install cydia or icy if you want to take it to Apple. Apple will look at your phone without a SIM card. Apple doesnt check anything that relates to AT$T. I know this because I just did that today lol.
You can jailbreak and unlock it with 3.0 if you want. The phone is NOT messed up.
heres how to unlock 3.0 iPhone 3G:
http://iclarified.com/entry/index.php?enid=4253

Let me know what Apple does because my iphone also has dust under the screen as well as a black spot that can be seen when the reboot apple logo is displayed.
k2dragon is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 23, 2009, 10:58 PM   #3
Ak47gunner
macrumors newbie

hey man i just jailbroke with my custom firmware but its still in emergency mode! wat do i do??? and apple replaced my screen so its all good, but i woulda rather had a new iphone.
Ak47gunner is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 24, 2009, 01:46 AM   #4
k2dragon
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ak47gunner View Post
hey man i just jailbroke with my custom firmware but its still in emergency mode! wat do i do??? and apple replaced my screen so its all good, but i woulda rather had a new iphone.

I was looking over the tutorials and I dont see an activation part on redsn0w...odd. The only reason it is on emergency mode is because it was not activated.

The best advice I can give you now is to use a mac and jailbreak and activate it with Pwnage. This tutorial does not have the activation checked. If you're using it with tmobile, check the "Activate the phone"
http://www.iclarified.com/entry/index.php?enid=4254
k2dragon is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iOS > Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks