Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

latuacantante

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 23, 2009
I was using my MacBook today normally, and I started installing the OS X 12.5.7 update. It finished and it was supposed to restart, but I heard the mac booting sound, saw the apple logo and the twirling thing, and then it turned off. I turned it on again, and it did the same thing.

I browsed some forums and tried doing CTRL+V thing, and the last thing it said was "CPU HALTED". What does that mean?

Is this really bad for my computer? Did I lose my files?

Please, any help would be greatly appreciated.

nufanec

macrumors regular
Sep 10, 2005
Try booting to your install disk. If that works then it's just a software problem and you can do an archive and install.

Dkloss28

macrumors newbie
Jul 15, 2009
is there a fix for this issue, my wife installed some software on her MBP and when it rebooted all it does it show the apple logo with the circle of dots, it will sit on that screen for a couple of mins and then turn off, I went into the cmd-V (I think thats what it is) and it also said cpu halted at the end, I am not able to boot into safe mode with holding the shift key. when I hold the ctrl key it shows the HD and I'm able to click on it but still nothing happens.

Any ideas would be much appreciated

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.