Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > OS X > Mac OS X Server, Xserve, and Networking

Old Jun 24, 2009, 09:19 AM   #1
mlock
macrumors newbie

How to connect (map) hdd in mac OS & how to rename mapped network hdd

hello i run a mac pro and i am newbie. Also i have in my local network 2 pcs where i have activated hdd sharing.

From my mac i can view & join the hdd of the pcs. When i find the pcs of hdd and i click once on them, they appear on mac desktop. when the pcs restart they go away from mac desktop and i must find them again. Is there any way to map them and never go away unless i delete? Also, in pcs hdd when i activated to share them i put a name. Is there any chance in mac when i map them to rename them?

thank you
mlock is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 4, 2009, 04:44 PM   #2
kingicon1
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlock View Post
Is there any way to map them and never go away unless i delete?
Well sure! I dont know if there is a more proper way to do it, but generally I connect to the share, hit up your User account in system preferences and drag and drop the share into your login items. That way, when you login, it will automatically connect.
It helps to save the UN/Pass otherwise it'll prompt you for it and not really make much sense to have setup in the first place!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlock View Post
Also, in pcs hdd when i activated to share them i put a name. Is there any chance in mac when i map them to rename them?
No, as far as I know this is a setting you would have to change on the PC, as it controls the drive. Could be wrong on that tho.
kingicon1 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > OS X > Mac OS X Server, Xserve, and Networking